My apartment was B&E'd tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My apartment was B&E'd tonight

I don't want to share the details but not much was taken.

I had the police out dusting for fingerprints and collecting evidence.

Does anyone have any advice?? If not for the crime, for removing fingerprint dust?

Thanks in advance..
    miss my '93 LX at every corner
    photo album
    Catch me on Facebook

dang dude, sorry to hear. Good luck with the police finding the perp.
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

damn sorry to hear that good luck with everything however i do not have any advice for you, i was actually hoping they just kicked in teh front door, then your closet door and took off..

Comment

glass cleaner then wipe/vacume up the dust.

take a complete set of pix for yourself, police can loose thing like that
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

That fkn sux Andy. Hopefully they didn't wipe you clean.
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

You're lucky they took fingerprints, a lot of departments won't even do that for a simple burglary because the possiblility of finding the perpetrator is next to nil. Theres nothing you can really do at this point except move on and replace what was lost
            I used to own a Protege
            HAS NEW BATERY IN BAK BRAKES-

HAS NEW MUFFLERS BUT THERE KILLING THE MOTOR-

Comment

Originally posted by greenthunder View Post
              You're lucky they took fingerprints, a lot of departments won't even do that for a simple burglary because the possiblility of finding the perpetrator is next to nil. Theres nothing you can really do at this point except move on and replace what was lost
              A few of my close friends are with the FWPD. I dialed 911 and then called my friend who is a night beat cop. He sent over a detective. They took a lot of prints. I'm reviewing the video tape from my complex this evening. I now know 100% who the perp was. I just have to gather evidence. Thanks for the post!
              photo album
              Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Its good that you have the video evidence, it'll help a lot with getting your stuff back, I hope that this crook is caught!
                I used to own a Protege

Comment

I am willing to bet a dollar to a turd that more B&E's are done by someone that the victim knows whether it be a friend, friend's friend, roomate or whatever. Most people just won't B&E a random house looking for loot simply because they haven't been inside to "scout" or see what they can get their grubby hands on. Anyways, hope all is well.
                  I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

is the perp dead yet? if so, make sure you throw it in a lake or river, that way there wont be any forensic evidence
                    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
                    -Benjamin Franklin

i wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself
                    -dedicated to sling blade, aka, meltdownsky

this is a horrible trick and should be deleted immedately - wheresthericego
                    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35130 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

lol awesome advice

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                        I am willing to bet a dollar to a turd that more B&E's are done by someone that the victim knows whether it be a friend, friend's friend, roomate or whatever. Most people just won't B&E a random house looking for loot simply because they haven't been inside to "scout" or see what they can get their grubby hands on. Anyways, hope all is well.
                        You are 100% correct most B&Es are commited by someone you know well or someone who lives within two blocks of the crime
                        I used to own a Protege

Comment

Originally posted by kozzman555 View Post
                          is the perp dead yet? if so, make sure you throw it in a lake or river, that way there wont be any forensic evidence
                          Nope. I'm really trying to take care of this legally. I'm not real familiar with trying to stay within the lines. There was a time not too long ago when this would have been handled with two or three Molotovs....

To be completely honest, I'm not even mad about it anymore. I am stunned that there are prople out there that are that damn stupid. Or that strung out...

I just laugh...
                          photo album
                          Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                          X