• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know it's cold out when. . .

Cue the Minnesota jokes now.

It's cold out when,
    There's frost on your dashboard

it's acutally snowing inside of your car.

You have to scrape your rear view mirror off.

Your oil reaches the consistency of those new thick shakes at McD's

Whenever you start her up in the morning, people look out side to see what delivery truck is coming.

Anyone else?

I know our recent cold snap wasn't too bad (I lived in Duluth when it was like -55 w/o windchill, a few years back.) But how'd everyone else take it?
    2003 Protege5
    Midnight Blue MTX
    2002 Protege LX
    Black Mica MTX

...when my hand freezes to a doorknob inside the house
    ...when the zipper of my jacket freezes to my lip
    ...when snow blows through the air vents
    ...when there's ice around my intake filter
    ...when I have to pour hot water on the gas lid to open it
    ...when my clutch rattles like a mofo
    So Far: Silvania Silverstar H7 bulbs, Mazdaspeed axle-back, AEM intake, Autoexe replica grill, 6%/17%/35% Tint, B&M short shifter, H&R springs, Alpine CDA9807, Laser-blue calipers, Autometer A/F and Voltmeter gauges, dual pillar pod, Jpec Intake cam, Mazdaspeed Exhaust cam

Comment

Originally posted by jlanger
      I know our recent cold snap wasn't too bad (I lived in Duluth when it was like -55 w/o windchill, a few years back.) But how'd everyone else take it?

We aren't getting cold here, but we did get a lot of snow. About 14" and the weather says more snow. It will probably all melt in 5 days though. So far I really dislike winter here.
      02 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by Dermen
        We aren't getting cold here, but we did get a lot of snow. About 14" and the weather says more snow. It will probably all melt in 5 days though. So far I really dislike winter here.

I dont mind the snow i hate the windy rainy cold days

Comment

you know its cold when............
          I start to wear pants to work.
          It was -20c today with the wind.
          I still wore shorts.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

LOL that was my car did this morning, i could here my car from my back 2nd story window...it was -35C with windchill this morning.....thank god for remote starters

Whenever you start her up in the morning, people look out side to see what delivery truck is coming.
            midnightblue mica 2002 protege 5
            mods include:
            thermal cat back exhaust, intake, b&m short shifter, kartboy shifter bushing, MP3 petals, act sports clutch with aluminum fly wheel, Kenwood MP8017 HU, infinity 6.5" speakers infront, polk audio 6.5" speakers in back, bazooka 10" RS 150 watt sub tube with remote, 350 watt amp, compustar alarm/remote starter,jspec intake cam, MS exhaust cam
            to be installed: spool stage 1 turbo kit,MS #3 engine mount,kartboy exhuast hangers

Comment

Originally posted by nightowl
              LOL that was my car did this morning, i could here my car from my back 2nd story window...it was -35C with windchill this morning.....thank god for remote starters
              Its supposed to be about that cold here tonight
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

when you pee in the mornin inside your house and steam rises up....

Comment

Anyone ever get there doors frozen shut? Thats a pita, Jon

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                    Anyone ever get there doors frozen shut? Thats a pita, Jon
                    Yeah. I hate that.

Comment

my doors were frozen this morning

Comment

Working...
                      X