Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2.4~TuNeR~GoD
    you found a big GM flaw...

N and L body brakes were normally borrowed from Jbody (cav, sunfire, j2000, sunbird) and were heavily underrated for stopping a car that weighed 600lbs more than the jbodies....

You are 100% correct. Installing a couple runs of air ducting to cool the brakes has noticably helped, however, they still just plain suck. Brake fade is attrocious under hard braking in a track environment. Unfortunatly, the class rules don't allow us to modify the braking system (I.E. different caliper/rotor setups). However, we are allowed, and have installed, Saturn Coupe rear disk brakes onto the back of the car. That, too, improved braking somewhat.

Where's the "thread jacked" icon when you need it, hehe.
    -Kevin
    -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
    -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
    -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
    -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
    -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k

lol, thanks.
        -Kevin
        -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
        -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
        -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
        -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
        -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by dh29
          . . . We called over my neighbor who is a mechanic/cable guy/guy that hooked up my cable illegally to get some awesome channels. . .
          has anyone mentioned that this forum does not condone illegal activities, therefore does not approve speaking of such? Or am I mistaken about that? Sorry this is a little off-topic but it serves the purpose of clarity for me, and notification for everyone else.
          Tag Team

Comment

yup, thanks for the heads up, yeah no bragging about blatantly illegal activities

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

And why brag about something as stupid as stealing cable. Yeah you've really got my admiration now.

Comment

Originally posted by kcbhiw
                You are 100% correct. Installing a couple runs of air ducting to cool the brakes has noticably helped, however, they still just plain suck. Brake fade is attrocious under hard braking in a track environment. Unfortunatly, the class rules don't allow us to modify the braking system (I.E. different caliper/rotor setups). However, we are allowed, and have installed, Saturn Coupe rear disk brakes onto the back of the car. That, too, improved braking somewhat.

Where's the "thread jacked" icon when you need it, hehe.

woh wait a minute.....Ive been looking for some way to get rear discs aside using the RSM big brake upgrade kit (1000$)

what saturn did you get them from and what all did you have to do to mount them right? I must know

Comment

Working...
                X