What to do?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do?!

i have a 94 protege dx. its my 1st car and its been great, i just got done putting in a new trans and clutch and countless other things, and i came to the point whre ei just want somethign fast!

so i saved up 1,500 bones and im trying to sell my car...i want to get a 2nd gen mx6 ls but i was thinking should i just put that money into my car and try to make that beast fast? or move up to an actual sports car with more potential? waht do you guys think?!

and anybody looking for a real nice 1st gen? :-p

Thanks
    Colin

Idol,

well.. what a lot of people do around the forum is upgrade to a better engine... Im sure if you look up engine swap in the search menu, under maybe the drivetrain section u can find nice info on upgrading.... or just look around in that forum... Lots of people do DOHC swaps, or actually go with gtx or gtr motors from a 323... lots of people dammit.

Personally, I dont think you will get more than 2g's out of the prot... People dont realize the cars potential so they pass it by. I bought my 94 last year for 1500 bones... So lets say you sell it... You would only have 3.5g's max to spend on a used car.

If I were you, I would keep the car... Why???
    1) you have fixed everything on it, so its going to last
    2) its a reliable car, and they supposedly last very long... especially if you take care of them
    3) keeping the car restricts you from having to do the same thing over again regarding fixing up the new one that you buy. All that money down the drain all over again.
    4) you know what you could do with an extra 1.5g's to a first gen pro??? holy crap, it could be fast... you dont know mang.
    5) If you keep the pro you can continue to stay here at ClubProtege and use all of its info and opinions to make your car what you want it to be. They helped me with tons of things I needed info on.

I too understand what your going through, I have the same ride (1994 DX) with the SOHC, and yeah, ha ha.. it's zippy, but it is slow as hell. Some others might have other opinions, but I think you should do yourself a favor and keep that baby... 94's represent homie...

Here are some pics of my car with the new rims on it...

So ultimately, I suggest you browse the engine/drivetrain section for info, and talk to the people on there... They are far more knowledgable about modding the protege for performance than I am. Good Luck Chief...

Peace Mang,
    MeeN
    Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 03-22-2004, 07:12 PM.
    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Working...
    X