buyer beware or ripoff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buyer beware or ripoff?

ok guys I need some assistance with this problem of mine.

I have a friend that sold me some stereo ****. I was paying 150 for 2 pioneer 12's a bandpass box and 2 amps. I paid him $100 and still owe him the other 50. When I put it in I found that one of the amps doesnt work. The other is old and doesnt have enough output to run even one of the two. Then one of the speakers has a crack in the cone, although it was repaired by a local pro stereo shop. Finally the box is made of particle board and at some point got wet and is starting to come apart.

I told him I wanted my money back and he said a deal is a deal and wont give me my money (because he already spent it) so Im stuck with this.

Do I pay him the 50 I was supposed to?

Am I right in thinking I shouldnt have to, because the deal when he sold it is that everything worked?

What do you guys think?
    94' Mazda Protege'... trying to return it to former glory.

aim: zep867

Don't pay him....you had a agreement to purchase a working set of speakers and amps....you had an agreement that he didn't hold up his end of the deal....piss on him....save up and buy new....shop around, good deals are hard to find, compare prices using websites like shop.yahoo.com and froogle.com.....I have to say that it would have been a deal I would have taken a second look at, but I would have checked the merchandise out first....any respectable business person would allow you to try it out...my $0.02

DaPro
    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

he isnt your friend if he sold you ****ty items. do not pay him
      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

oh one more thing, he said that anything wrong witht the amp is my fault because it was fine before I got it

Comment

give him back the box and the dead amp then build another box with the 50$(so easy) and use the amp you have now for some speakers u normally run off the deck, then buy a small amp for the subs (you live you learn)

Comment

Originally posted by 1990DX
            give him back the box and the dead amp then build another box with the 50$(so easy) and use the amp you have now for some speakers u normally run off the deck, then buy a small amp for the subs (you live you learn)
            yeah, what this guy said :p:

no offense, your friend's a dick.. besides, your subs would sound a hell of a lot better in a sealed or ported box than the would in a bandpass.. scrap it, don't pay him the 50 and move on. sucks to get burned, but now you can think twice about buying or trusting anything he says
            peace

Comment

keep him away from your girlfriend!!!
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

What a rip off, no keep your cash and don't let him round' ur chic muhahahah @ Fuq!!
                "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

1. Caveat emptor (buyer beware). This includes checking out things before you buy them, even from a "friend."
                  2. You don't have to pay him, but be prepared for him to make a stink about it.
                  3. Don't do business with friends, if you value the friendship. It causes too much bad blood.
                  ~Mark.
                  2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

I wish I had a chic to keep him away from

Comment

then get off this damn forum and got huntin dude...even if you have to get a big gurl, they need it too...
                      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                      X