Anniversary/Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anniversary/Milestone

As of today, I have officially been an ex-smoker for one year! Woohoo!
    ~Mark.
    2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

congrats. you deserve to celebrate. have a smoke Lol. just kidding.
    Sagaris

Comment

Congrats... I am trying to quit myself....now that the little one is here.... it gets pretty annoying having to wash my hands constantly and change shirt before handling him. oh well.... one day i will quit

Comment

Yea I am trying the same thing......hard but i can do it.....and i will have extra cash too...pack a day adds up....along with gas good lord.......CONGRATS!!!!
        "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

congrats. good to here you folks are trying to quit too. Gotta be heck on the wallet...
          My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
          JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
          AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

i figured out i spend well over 900 a year in smokes, congrats to you for quitting.

Comment

$900 a year? thats a lot of mods for the pro!
              My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
              JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
              AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Congratulations.
                I've been a smoker for ~8 1/2 years. Hoping to quit maybe in the fall or something.
                Smokes are expensive.
                I'll have to severey cut back on drinking and probably quit smoking weed altogether to make it work.
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I promised myself when I quit that I wouldn't become one of those "hadrcore ex-smokers," preaching about the evils of cigarettes and hounding people to quit all the time. So I won't.

But for those of you who are trying to quit, I do have some encouragement, and advice:
                  1. It's not that hard to quit. Really. It's like ripping off a Band-Aid; do it fast and all at once, and it's over before you know it. You'll feel like **** for about a week, and be cranky and short-tempered for about a month, and then it's over.
                  2. Your whole perception of "feeling good" goes up about five notches. You don't realize how ****ty cigarettes make you feel until you quit.

Seriously, just bite the bullet and quit. It's much worse to think about and dread it than it is to actually do it. (Shoot. I wound up preaching anyway. Dammit.)
                  ~Mark.
                  2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Take it from me, quitting smoking is harder than quitting heroin.
                    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

see my problem isn't the self control, nor the fact that there is an addiction present or anything. if anything.. all i'm combatting is the fact that i don't want to quit. at least that's what i've convinced myself of, despite knowing how bad it is.

Comment

Congratulations. Smoking is one of the toughest habbits to get rid off. I applaud you for this. I wish my mother would do the same. So far, I have stolen close to 50 lighters from her, but because they are so damn cheap, she just gets more.
                        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
                        X