Why Does Everyone Laugh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Does Everyone Laugh?

...when I tell them about my new job. The conversation always goes like this:

Greg: So yeah I got a new job.

Person: So where do you work at now
    Greg: Some organic grocery store that was just built.

Person: What do you do there?

Greg: I work in the meat department.

Person: haha (every damn time, I have yet to tell anybody that didn't laugh)

ha ha ha ha
    My OLD Car

Comment

how exactly can you have an organic meat department? are they fed wholesome grain, given a last supper dressed in a tuxedo, given a prayer and a smoke, and then meeting their maker on a chopping block? or are we talking wholesome meat subsitutes? .. this really intriques me.. but never the less, if it pays the bills.. it's got all the meaning in the world .
      kevin

Comment

would you expect someone sounding condecending or mocking you with "wow, that's cool" instead?
        TheMAN
        '01 BJFP MT
        '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
        No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
        It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
        -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
        -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
        -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
        No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

so the golf course finaly closed for remodeling?

Comment

ahahaah, because when you hear organic you think vegitarian
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

We have a Good Food Store here, organic means it wasn't fed on geneticly altered or pesticide sprayed plants
              Silver 2001 Protege ES
              5-speed manual
              4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
              Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

haha you work at a grocery store.. I'm suspended from working at a grocery store :/
                00 dakota 4x4
                90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

exactly ha ha ha ha
                  "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he how in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper, and the father of lost children. And I will strike down thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to destroy my brother. And they shall know my name is the lord when I raise my vengeance upon them."
                  Ezekiel 25:17
                  from Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                    how exactly can you have an organic meat department? are they fed wholesome grain, given a last supper dressed in a tuxedo, given a prayer and a smoke, and then meeting their maker on a chopping block? or are we talking wholesome meat subsitutes? .. this really intriques me.. but never the less, if it pays the bills.. it's got all the meaning in the world .
                    kevin
                    It is all in how they are raised. No antibiotics are used. They must be raised in open pasture, that kind of stuff. There are differences in organics. Like 100% organic, organic, and conventional. I took some cajun chicken home the other night, it tasted different, but damn good.

Comment

Meat....ahahahahah!

MP3 Strut Bar..Silver Stars..GoldLine Springs..Two 10 Inch Speakers..480 Watt Amp..Custom Voltage Meter..Ingen CAI..Bomz Axle Back Exhaust..Konigs Holes 17x7

Comment

I used to work in a meat department..... I suppose people laughed at me too.... especially the old people that would say "hello Doctor" because I had my whites on.... but then when i told them I was not a Dr. Just a meat department worker... they laughed.... dont worry... laughing is fun when you laugh with them for a minute and then just tell them SHUT THE **** UP

Comment

I just tell people I have some special meat for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                            I just tell people I have some special meat for them.

Comment

eeek, hate to bring up the phrase meat packer.. but it just seemed fitting in a disgusting sort of way. honestly, as long as it hasn't been fed it's brother, i'm happy with any grade A t-bone thrown on a grill right out of the package that will cook till it burns

Comment

Working...
                              X