Fahrenheit 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fahrenheit 9/11

Well, i HAD to see this movie, and it was well worth the money i spent . theres the short summary...
    i don't know if any of you were looking to see this film, but this puppy sold out in literally 10 minutes at my theater.. but this film is just absolutely the most thought provoking/informative movie i've seen... and to kick it off.. it's bear essence is that of a documentary. now that i've praised, i will now shoot down michael moore's work, despite my independent bias:
    1. one or two statements are completely unsubstantiated.. most importantly the guy that gets interviewed by the FBI.. he's the one exercising in a weight room..
    2. factual evidence is explained very well, but in a very presumptuous manor.. a common fault michael moore seems to portray.
    3. NOT bipartisan in any respect.. very few republicans, if any at all were interviewed in the documentary.. something that doesn't truely ring with me.

bottom line, this movie made me laugh, cry, and cheer.. it's definately a movie for all to see (despite the useage of the F-Word 3 times in the movie.. particularly in a music reference). if anything at all, for you people on the fence on issues, it will really give you some factual, well supported information when you make your decision in november.. this is definately a movie to see
    kevin

So since its "NOT bipartisan in any respect", how is this a good movie to help you make your decision? I would never base my opinions on a movie that showed everything from one point of view. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    01 ES, jokingly referred to as the Slotege.

Get off my headlight dim biatch. I like it that way. Soon, I'll have enough stuff to make the car shut down because I'll be drawing too much power. Then I'll be happy.

Comment

Yeah, that guy is as left-wing, asshole liberal puke as they come. I won't even remotely walk near a theater playing that ****ing garbage.

And I hope you burn in hell for eternity for ****ting away $7, making moore that much richer.

Don't get me wrong...I think bush is a dip**** as much as any democrat, but I tend to be more right-wing than left. I think Kerry is a total asshole and is a dishonest, jerkoff who won't do anything he says he will and will **** **** up more than bush already has. At least **** seems to be improving now....IMO electing Kerry will only cause more problems.
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

To repeat what I said on the MP3/P5 Forum:

IMO, Michael Moore can be compared to Joseph Goebbels who was Hitler's Minister of Propaganda.

For an excellent analysis of Fahrenheit 9/11, go to:

This is an article by Christopher Hitchens who is certainly not a right-wing, conservative theorist.
        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

fair enough.. the only reason i personally will not discredit this film is i have read documents, newspaper articles, news feeds, and books relating to this movie (in particular.. but just in parts "The House of Bush, The House of Saud" and "Manifesto for a New World Order"). most of all the information presented to you in this movie is backed up and proven by OTHER sources.. so comparably.. why would this movie be extremely 'leftist' and one-sided? well, in this country, we barely ever do anything in a 'bi-partisan' mannor. the views expressed by this film are extremely 'leftist', so asking michael moore to provide you the other side would not support the on going ideas in this movie, however, he will mention what republicans DID do in response to certain issues. he does persist on letting you know. this movie is a down with bush, an 'oh, by the way.. did you know this', and a 'why are we fighting a war such as this?' sort of movie. i mean, i think the most important thing to realize is this movie will make you realize that 90% of what goes on and 90% of the people you hear on the news making moves, signing legislature, and 'assigned to office' involves ALOT of hand in pocket manuevers. personally, i am a registered Independent, i think michael moore can be put into great question over his journalism, but the sureal picture that gets painted is a 'hey, wake the **** up' sort of movie. like i said, it's thought provoking, and democratic, green, constitutional, republican, independent.. no matter what party you belong to... this is a movie to see.. it's something that alot of people will enjoy, i have no doubts.
          kevin

Comment

i would suggest to you that michael moore gives you the platform to question what if.. but to say that he doesn't 'cohere' ideas in the movie is unfair.. thats not the point of the film. the point is to ask you.. in so many words, "Why vote for someone who would do THIS to your country.. (or vaguely promote it for personal gain)?" i honestly wouldn't knock it until you see it.. but to sum it up, yes, these are the 6 basic ideas of the film..
            1) The Bin Laden family (if not exactly Osama himself) had a close if convoluted business relationship with the Bush family, through the Carlyle Group.
            2) Saudi capital in general is a very large element of foreign investment in the United States.
            3) The Unocal company in Texas had been willing to discuss a gas pipeline across Afghanistan with the Taliban, as had other vested interests.
            4) The Bush administration sent far too few ground troops to Afghanistan and thus allowed far too many Taliban and al-Qaida members to escape.
            5) The Afghan government, in supporting the coalition in Iraq, was purely risible in that its non-army was purely American.
            6) The American lives lost in Afghanistan have been wasted. (This I divine from the fact that this supposedly "antiwar" film is dedicated ruefully to all those killed there, as well as in Iraq.)

michael moore in no way proposes HOW these issues are solved, just that voting for the lesser of two evils may be your best option, and infact enlightens you that the world is not what it seems. everything is too large for me to swallow, divulge and spit it out in plain thought, so my ingorance on a few topics runs thick, and as such, this film proposes thought.. it's a movie you won't be able to see without talking here or talking to friends about.
            kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
              fair enough.. the only reason i personally will not discredit this film is i have read documents, newspaper articles, news feeds, and books relating to this movie (in particular.. but just in parts "The House of Bush, The House of Saud" and "Manifesto for a New World Order"). most of all the information presented to you in this movie is backed up and proven by OTHER sources.. so comparably.. why would this movie be extremely 'leftist' and one-sided? well, in this country, we barely ever do anything in a 'bi-partisan' mannor. the views expressed by this film are extremely 'leftist', so asking michael moore to provide you the other side would not support the on going ideas in this movie, however, he will mention what republicans DID do in response to certain issues.
              If you create a one-sided, left-wing, partisan film that completely denigrates the opposing viewpoint, that's fine, but don't call it a documentary, call it by it's correct name, a propaganda film. It's instructive to note that at the Cannes Film Festival, Farenheit 9/11 was not only highly awarded but Moore himself was given a 20 minute standing ovation. Considering this was France with scores of Hollywood liberals in attendance, can we not say that the chief function of the film is to make a statement, not to serve as a balanced documentarian view of differing viewpoints on how the war on terrorism ought to be waged.

02 DX Millenium Red
              02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
              MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
              MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
              Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
              MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
              Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
              Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
              Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
              Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
              Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
              Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
              Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
              Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                1) The Bin Laden family (if not exactly Osama himself) had a close if convoluted business relationship with the Bush family, through the Carlyle Group.
                I thought his family also Disowned him many years ago for the reason that he's a goddam crazy mother****er.
                New brand of Garbage bags in Afghanistan: Osama Bin Liners
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I will never ever ever see a movie made by that liberal hippie faggot. How come the liberals didnt start **** like this when the world trade center was FIRST attacked back in like 94 when clinton was president. Liberals can all die and burn in hell, for all I care. **** Moore.
                  Eat ****.

Comment

Did you watch the Daily Show the other night?? Moore says he is not bipartisan.

"The only thing worse than bad memories, is no memories at all" - The Dismemberment Plan

Comment

Liberals lie, and always seem to change their stories when being asked questions.
                      Eat ****.

Comment

and replublicans don't lie?

Comment

"Close Public Schools, Vote Republican"

-liberal on domestic issues
                          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES
                          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

watch the movie, it's entertaining to say the least.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

im not gonna read all this text, im tired.

here is my 2 cents. if he reallty wanted to put the message out there, and that was his goal, we wouldnt have to pay to see the movie.
                              Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X