Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview: New Seats

Well Here are the new seats.

They came from a 03 Acura RSX. They are leather, reclinable sport seats with Lumbar (sp?) support. The drivers seat is height adjustable and has adjustable lumbar support. Has a one piece headrest and you can feel the quality of the seats. They have the equipment for heated seats installed.

I can't wait to get these in my car. Intial test fit went well, I'll be starting on the brackets next teusday. Hopefully will hook up the heated seats the following teusday. I'll keep everyone posted on how difficult of a mod this is.

I've sat in these seats in my room, and the difference is AMAZING.

-Pat
    Last edited by Iceman112k3; 01-14-2005, 07:29 PM.
    Visit My Garage

purty!

can't wait to see the installed pics!
    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

mmm hotttt
      Maroon 1995 Probe SE
      Beige 1994 Protege DX
      Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Sweet.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

*subscribed*

def wanna see how this works out
          Tag Team

Comment

I got some seats that look identical to those in my 70 toyota landcruiser........hell i might just take those out and put them in my pro hehe

Comment

oooooo leather....
              91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
              Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Congrats! Those seats are really awesome. A friend of mine got a 2005 RSX-S, and he has the same seats. I've sat in those, and they do feel very nice. I don't suppose it's a cheap mod... How much did they cost you?

Comment

I'll tally it up for you when all is said and done with the welding and bracket fabrication. I'll ballpark it because I doubt anyone else on this planet is crazy enough to sell these seats for so cheap.
                  Visit My Garage

Comment

Make sure that those side air-bags won't pop on you.
                    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I wont be connecting them up, airbags don't just blow without a signal.....
                      Visit My Garage

Comment

They're in!

That's right folks.... I believe I can declare myself the first Protege Owner to mate up RSX leather sport seats, no large accomplishment seeing how anything will fit, but with the shortage of MX-3 leather, it had to be done :D

What we did:
                        I wanted this to go as easy as possible so I opted to have the brackets cut off my old seat rails for use. We cut the pins and weld from the stock brackets to the protege rails, and did the same to the RSX rails. Next came a matter of tacking the rar console side bracket to the rail for a starting point. The seats wer then placed in the car, and vice grips were used to lock each of the other brackets firmly in their final resting place. They were tacked on, and the vices removed, at which point we went on an all out welder bender to ensure safety and solidity of the bracket/rail cross. The seat belt bolts came right out of the protege seat side and were and exact match into the RSX bolt hole. Seats were bolted down and they were pressure tested just to be safe. (we shook the fack out of them) All in all a good days welding, done by the awesome guys at Double Z Automotive here in NS.

And now the pictures:

More Pictures to follow once I get my car interior clean :D

Things I have noticed:
                        - I sit slightly higher up then I used to in my old seats.. this is because honda/acura seats bolt right to the floor, we have a kind of mount that sticks up.
                        -these seats go farther back, and farther forward.
                        -The new seated position takes some getting used to.
                        -I love leather, but It's cold as hell this time of year (boohya for car starter.)
                        -they hug me much harder in the twisties, and I can feel the car nose down more when I brake hard for some reason.

any questions? ask away.
                        Visit My Garage

Comment

Sweet as hell man, I like it a lot!
                          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

sick!
                            00 dakota 4x4
                            90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.