Just Bought a 1994 Pro LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Bought a 1994 Pro LX

I just bought this 1994 Mazda Protege LX.

I just joined this forum.

I just took pictures of the car.

I was thinkin about doin some exterior changes, that is unless I feel I'm gunna sell it soon. I'm curious as to what you guys think I should do.

I was originally interested in a not-too-crazy body kit (Mazstyle for example = crazy riceyness) ...then I found out you can't really get them for less than 500... especially with those killer shipping charges.

I'm thinking about dropping it.

I wanted clears until I read all the crap I'd have to go through... This is my first car, so I don't know jack**** yet.

Anyways, I've got custom 16" Eagle Alloys on there... thats my only mod so far.

So yeah, what should I do with it?

Congrats...that car is in REALLY good shape for being 11 years old. Don't ruin it by thing stupid rice **** and you'll be fine.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Looks very clean. Welcome to the club!

First, take off the Honda plate frame. With it on you look like a newbee to everyone. Also take off the bumper stickers.

An easy and effective mod is to use some rubbing compound on your headlights to remove the yellow haze.

Since it's your first car and you've got a lot to learn before major modding, I'd go with MX-3 interior pieces and leave the outside stock for a while. It's more important to have the car in a good driving shape and with nothing broken then to add a body kit. I'd suggest going through the car and making a list of what's broken in any form, then head to some junkyards and find the parts.

Ofcourse it's your Protege and you can do whatever you want to it. Take a look around the forums here and read up, you'll learn a lot.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Negatize: Thanks, I'd never rice anything.. except teriyaki chicken I guess.

MazKid: Nothing broken, I bought it from my Aunt who has kept it in top shape. It also only has 77k milage. Yeah, that plate and stickers are as good as gone. I don't think I wanna do anything with the interior.. I dunno, the steering wheel is pretty ugly stock i think, maybe I'll get a cover. I'll do that rubbing compound work on the headlights, Thanks.

I'm still open to some suggestions as to where to go with this car.

Comment

Damn, 77K. Mine has 134,000 and had tons of crap broken on it because the previous owners must have been GM owners or something. That's what I get for buying it from a Honda dealer that thought it was a SOHC 2.0 and put it on E-bay with no reserve. $1,353 later and it was mine.

For the steering wheel lemme suggest simply getting a MX-3 center piece, if that's what you're talking about being ugly. You'll need the rear plastic piece for it but that's it, and you can get one with the "key"(some say "flame") emblem in both the rare squared style('92 only) and the regular round style. Looks great, costs like $5 from any yard, and the horn mechanism doesn't collapse like the Protege style.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

You commonly find MX-3 Steering Wheel Centerpieces at junkyards?

Comment

Common enough...atleast at junkyards here. Each yard here has 1-4 MX-3s.

Comment

very nice and clean, ive got a 94 DX and an 01 ES www.cardomain.com/id/maz94protege

those are some older pics, everyone on hre has some good first gen Pics.

Welcome to the board. and Congrats, Car is in MINT cond!!!!!
                Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                Beige 1994 Protege DX
                Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

welcome...

Comment

welcome to the board....

for starters, i would definitely recommend the Mx3 steering wheel if you like to change and also the e-specs if you think you don't like your yellowish headlights.

We have different people with specialties in different fields... so you can always ask for help...

Comment

welcome. id suggest some different rims, but thats just mho

Comment

I'd buy better rims if I could carry them over to my next car.. but I don't think you can put 18"s on a protege.. I mean maybe you could.. but.....

Comment

Don't do anything, that car is sexxy! Id consider espec headlights, jdm corners, maybe a gtx/gtr grill and the 93-94 style rear garnish. Different rims too, something sleaker/sexier to match the car. Good luck!

What did you pay for the car? It's in awsome shape! 5 speed or automatic? And finally, where you from? Oh, and welcome to the board!
                          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Are JDM corners clear? If so, where can I get them?

I paid 3K for the car, it's automatic (I honestly havent driven a stick yet =P), and I'm from the Bay Area, Cali.

Comment

There is a version of the jdm corners that are clear, they are the Infini corners. They are pretty rare though.
                              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...
                              X