X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

red one is gorgous ..
    hi team

Comment

First: Thank you guys for the compliments. have spent sooooo much time getting her to look that good.
      2nd: Like usually Red was right. I have no ignition controll. I am going to be wiring in a bp26 ecu.
      3rd: The way I make such nice connections is, first I take a razor blade and skin a section of wire. Than I wrap the stripped end of the matting wire onto the section I just stripped. Than I solder them together and tape with electrical tape. It makes a very reliable joint.
      Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
        First: Thank you guys for the compliments. have spent sooooo much time getting her to look that good.
        2nd: Like usually Red was right. I have no ignition controll. I am going to be wiring in a bp26 ecu.
        3rd: The way I make such nice connections is, first I take a razor blade and skin a section of wire. Than I wrap the stripped end of the matting wire onto the section I just stripped. Than I solder them together and tape with electrical tape. It makes a very reliable joint.
        You aren't using the MS to control the Ignition?? That is just goofy. Why get that then when you can do fuel control with a Greddy Emanage; and the emange has spark control too...

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
        Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

dude. hella nice.. i love the red one... id like to see it in person. headin to salem anytime soon. ill head to portland here shortly.. actuallty thinking about checkin out mt hood soon too. the red kinda almost looks like a bmw really.. like how the fog's turned out ine the grille... resemble the bug eye grille
          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

I finished the wiring for my megasquirt and yanking out all the stock harness stuff today, but I left a giant paper for English class waiting until the last minute... gotta get back to that!

Good luck with the 'squirt!
            Ask me about engine management!

Comment

Well, ya it is kind of wierd to not be controlling spark also, but I just want to get use to using it befor I do the 'n spark extra. Besides, I'm just trying to get the white beast running very dependable so I can send it to Utah. So all you Mormons beware of the short to come white beast. It will kill all!!! Im sure you Utahns will see it at Rocky Mountain Raceway next season.

Comment

heh, I ended up saying to myself that it'd be easier to just control everything off of the megasquirt... weird.

I have no idea how to do spark timing maps though, so I gotta bum dyno time off of my friend's boss to find the best spark map under load.

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast

I mean how can you completely pull a wire from the stock connector or add a wire to it if it wasn't there in the 1st place.

I had a hard time wiring my knock sensor and TPS into the NA harness.

Comment

electrical tape = eew.
                    heat shrink tubing = not eew!

don't worry, I'm guilty of taping some stuff myself.

Comment

Well, when you aren't splitting the mating wire, it is a little hard to put heat shrink tubing on it. That is what I would have loved to have done.
                      LEX, aren't you running a gtx ecu?

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
                        I mean how can you completely pull a wire from the stock connector or add a wire to it if it wasn't there in the 1st place.

I had a hard time wiring my knock sensor and TPS into the NA harness.
                        There's a little latch on the connector on both of the short sides that you unhook with a small screwdriver or something... this'll let you open up the top cap thing, and free the wires up to move. you can then pull out and put in pins to your liking.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_fulghum
                          There's a little latch on the connector on both of the short sides that you unhook with a small screwdriver or something... this'll let you open up the top cap thing, and free the wires up to move. you can then pull out and put in pins to your liking.

Mine don't pull out when I open the latch

Comment

pull harder lol
                            91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.