Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70' Toyota Landcruiser....My other toy (56K....this is worth it lol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

70' Toyota Landcruiser....My other toy (56K....this is worth it lol)

Well this is my beast, its a 1970 Toyota Landcruiser with the chevy conversion.....I havent worked on it for awhile but its mine and my dads project....This thing is fast..with the narrow wheel base every time you take off from a stop it will pretty much feel like its about to wheelie lol. Transfer case and everything else underneither is custom, had it all rebuilt not to long ago...Enjoy

wow is that ever a dirty Toyota ! still looks cool tho man! good job

JACK
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

that's awesome... what all does the chevy conversion entail?
      ClubProtege

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie94Pro
        that's awesome... what all does the chevy conversion entail?
        Motor mount adapters, an adapter for the transfer case, some wiring, i think thats all of it

Advanced adapters make kits to do it

I miss my S-10 and my zuki

Mazda96Protege : Very nice FJ by the way, most of the ones i always on the trail are rust buckets
        Last edited by MD323; 01-23-2006, 02:10 PM.
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Thanks alot guys, the chevy conversion im not to familair with cause it was done by the guy who owned it before us, me and my dad traded it for a 944 Porsche my dad had, it was a POS though half the interior was glued in lmao we only paid 400 bucks for the Porsche so we pretty paid 400 for the Cruiser. thing is a beast though. When the transfer case/axel got ****ed up the rear tires got locked up. and when i had it towed the to tow truck couldint pull it up lol so i had to get in and tap the gas and i had the front wheels spinning and the rear locked (did that all the way up the bed of the tow truck lol) but me and my dad paid nearly 4,000 to have everything undernieth to be rebuilt. The dude who rebuilt it said it could climb a verticle wall lol. And its really fukkin loud to ill have to make a vid clip

It looks much worse then it actually is, it has been sitting for nearly a year and it wasint covered up. We just put a tarp on it not to long ago. We still have alot of body work to do. We plan to buy a fiberglass body for it. Also the top does come off its just really really heavy

Comment

That looks scary, lol

Comment

Thats a wiring nightmare

Comment

95Pro - Yeh it is scary lol

Chris - Again it looks worse then it is lol.....the guy that had it before me and my dad did alot of stupid **** to it. its only had 3 owners the dude that had it forever and did the swap, then the guy before us who let it sit and ghetto rigged alot of the stuff and then now me....

Comment

Looks like it could use some TLC, but My friend had one of those, and my Boss, both had chevy conversions and man were they awesome. We got my Boss's Airborn like 8-10' high on our way to drop it off to the guy who bought it, my boss doesn;t know , only me and the other employee... he he he

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                  Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Originally posted by BuGS
                    Looks like it could use some TLC, but My friend had one of those, and my Boss, both had chevy conversions and man were they awesome. We got my Boss's Airborn like 8-10' high on our way to drop it off to the guy who bought it, my boss doesn;t know , only me and the other employee... he he he
                    werent you afraid to roll it
                    i drive like a bitch when i drive stuff thats not my car... im afraid everything but my protege will roll over when i turn... lol

Comment

Working...
                    X