Pics of my cut-up fender well..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of my cut-up fender well..

Well, I made a cai last week w/ the filter located in the fender well. I cut some sheet metal out so it would get fresh air instead of being enclosed and not getting much flow..

I think it looks kinda cool.
    Thought Id post up..check it out..
    Attached Files
    DX BP swap/turbo build

cool...but dont hit no puddles....
    Eat ****.

Comment

ya. don't hit any if they are gonna even braze your bumper. That is the reason I kept my fender well inclosed. Don't want no watta in teh filter

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
      Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

holy hydro-lock batman!
        ---prakash

Comment

Originally posted by 92dx
          Well, I made a cai last week w/ the filter located in the fender well. I cut some sheet metal out so it would get fresh air instead of being enclosed and not getting much flow..

I think it looks kinda cool.
          Thought Id post up..check it out..
          I've got a straw too!
          Last edited by Jho; 10-22-2006, 05:31 PM.

Comment

So any noticeable performance gains?

Comment

Here are some pics from my archives of what i did.

Comment

darryl, dont u have any water issues?

Comment

I dont think water will be too much of a prob. I drove in the storming ass rain last night and went over tons of puddles (not on purpose). When I got home, I opened the hood and put my hand in the fender well and on the filter and felt around for moisture. Everything was . The pics dont really show how much room there is. Thanks for the warnings, guys.

I need to get some expanded steel like mazdaracer has so birds and little critters dont get in there. I did noticed some gain over the filter behind the headlight, but nothing too spectacular. Feels good though.

Heres another pic from under the car, Im holding the plastic shroud back alittle. It kinda helps deter the water from getting in there some.
                  Attached Files
                  DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by whistler
                    darryl, dont u have any water issues?
                    nope.

it's not a totally direct shot through the GTX bumper, has plenty of space to collect air, but water has to bend and curve. Plus, don't rain much in SoCal Thats a very old pic, but i have a PRM filter now. It sits up higher by the VAF, with just the CAI tube going down to the opening.

BTW, with an OEM bumper, my hole sits behind the crash brace and is definetely not a direct shot for air, but can be with a extension tube.

Comment

Ya, in oregon... gotta come up with soemthing ingenius to work as cai
                      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Working...
                      X