No announcement yet.

Gtr hood vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave should know the answer to this. I see his covers in and out all the time. And I am not going to modify the vents at all. I kind of like them better to be recessed not flush

Originally posted by Hadoken
    Does anyone happen to know how to remove the rain gaurds from the real GTR vents? I just put a set on like a month ago but couldn't figure out how to remove the clips holding the covers in place, I just slightly bent the clips so they'd slide off and now I just duct tape them in place when it rains.
    Last edited by TurboProto; 04-26-2006, 08:08 PM.
    1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

That is correct, If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me that. Id be able to buy a gtr from Japan with change left over. Its a mod that came from drift cars and honda guys copied it and so on. I first saw that mod in like early 2000 and had all my protos done like that. My red car is like that also but not as big of a gap though. I like it and no one can make me change it.

Originally posted by SPENONE
      FOR EVERYONE ASKING WHY PROTO420'S HOOD LOOKS LIKE THAT....

its a mod that helps heat escape through the rear raised part of the hood...its used more in drifting and out west (from what i see)....
      1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

i have a guy with a gtr front clip, 2500 for the clip 5-600 hundred to ship it to a clai harbor.

butthe hood raised thing looks as if to help let the hot air escape , lets see where did i see this kind of thing bewfore.

thats right old school bugs did it to let air in to cool everythgin esier. kinda the same idea

Comment

Originally posted by aliennation95gt
          i have a guy with a gtr front clip, 2500 for the clip 5-600 hundred to ship it to a clai harbor.
          Sorry to thread jack, but are you buying the front clip or advertising it?

Comment

Same here, kinda taxed
            Originally posted by Jho
            Sorry to thread jack, but are you buying the front clip or advertising it?

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

um the fiberglass replica's you have look like ass compared side to side with real gtr vents, never the less. it does improve the front. thumbs up
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                never the less. it does improve the front. thumbs up
                yeah, all you need now is a GTR bumper to go with the vents.
                Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Yea well at least I didnt pay an arm and a leg to get the real gtr stuff.
                  I was bidding on a real set a few weeks ago w/covers and all but I was at work when it ended. And chirs(gtxfamilia) already had this set. So we put it on. And I like the screens recessed, Its different and thats what I like.

Originally posted by bpt323
                  um the fiberglass replica's you have look like ass compared side to side with real gtr vents, never the less. it does improve the front. thumbs up
                  Last edited by TurboProto; 04-27-2006, 09:01 AM.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Proto420
                    Yea well at least I didnt pay an arm and a leg to get the real gtr stuff.
                    I was bidding on a real set a few weeks ago w/covers and all but I was at work when it ended. And chirs(gtxfamilia) already had this set. So we put it on. And I like the screens recessed, Its different and thats what I like.

You and I would have had a good battle my friend. I stayed up until 5 in the morning waiting for the auction to end.
                    Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

lol very true.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Here are the vents i have...

They look different from the ones i see installed on Proto's car cause there not as thick..they look slimmer...or is it just me?..

Comment

Yea mine are way thicker. I still would rather have the OEM parts, mabe I'll get some proper ones for my red car

Originally posted by SPENONE
                          Here are the vents i have...

They look different from the ones i see installed on Proto's car cause there not as thick..they look slimmer...or is it just me?..

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

just buy this and solve it.
                            Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Comment

mmmmmmm GEEE TEEE AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hey bpt323

you should buy that so then your car can look like the car in your avatar!!
                                Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Working...
                                X