My little POS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My little POS

The hole in the bumper was created by the first owner, my mother. The dent in the rear fender was created from an old man in an Isuzu Rodeo. It was parked in front of my house and he backed into it, the dent is from the rear spare tire that hangs off the back. I got a pretty nice check and I can't even remember where that money ended up going. lol I just noticed that the side view picture makes it look like I'm one of the B-pillar hiders with the seat reclined back, it's the passenger seat. I sit more upright.

Last edited by Silentbob343; 08-19-2006, 02:34 AM.
    2005 Mazda 3

I like it! Man, that rear dent is gonna cost you...
    '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
    '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

looks like a fun project car. if you take the plastic trim out of the trunk, you might be able to push some of the dent out. i was able to do that with my car. it's worth a try. can't make it look any worse.
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper
        looks like a fun project car. if you take the plastic trim out of the trunk, you might be able to push some of the dent out. i was able to do that with my car. it's worth a try. can't make it look any worse.
        yep that dent can be mostly popped out with very little filler work..
        MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

the wheels look good on the car.

Comment

Yeah I got 1200 or 1500 from the old guys insurance co. Took it to their office they took some pics and I got a check in the mail within the week.

As far as fixing the dent, I don't have any plans. I might try to push it out like some of you suggested.

They only thing I dislike about the wheels are the stupid chrome metal valve stems they installed. I have no idea why they removed the old ones as they were perfectly fine. I'll have to scuff them up or paint them.......I hate chrome.
            2005 Mazda 3

Comment

must remove dent
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

the car looks pretty clean, except the dent but overall its nice
                91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

lol, I knew I would take **** for the dent.

I'll see how much I can pound out with a rubber mallet from the inside. Heck, maybe sand and paint the rusty wiper arms and polish the headlights while I'm at it.
                  2005 Mazda 3

Comment

dam man that dent is owning that car.. it looks so clean tho... i see those seats are still doin well..

Comment

lol thanks Jitb, I can't remember if I had it when I bought those seats off you. The seats are great BTW. How's the Contour? You should post up some pics of it.
                      2005 Mazda 3

Comment

With the dent, just remove the trunk plastic, and literally push the dent with your hands. Using a mallet can create more dents...I pushed out a rear quarter dent on a 3rd gen and a Mazda 6 at work with my bare hands.
                        Then if there's still more dents, you can use a mallet or just get it fixed.

BTW those '94-'95 MX-3 wheels are awsome. My brother had a set prior to me buying a Protege, and after I did buy my car I was looking for a set.

Car looks clean except the bumper hole and easy to fix dent.

Now fix that dent!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Dam you guys...........you almost have me convinced to go out and fix it now. It's 3:18 AM here.

Yeah these rims were a PITA. Bought them off Ebay in nasty condition fixed the curb rash and repainted them only find there was some weird ridge on the inside of the hub that wasn't letting the wheel to sit flush on the hub. I needed the car running ASAP so I had to go out and buy some steel wheels and slap them on. I was going to resell them, but I never did and I finally said "**** it" and took a dremel to the metal ridge and got them mounted. Honestly I could have fixed them that day, but everybody I talked to said it was another issue and to not grind on the wheels. I was finally able to get an ebay seller to look at some pictures of my wheels and compare them to what the inside hub looked on the wheels he was selling.

Now they fit and it was quite an experience. They do look nice though and I've already received some compliments on them so I guess it was worth it.

Haven't bothered with the bumper as I want to eventually get JDM bumper; front and rear. The electrical tape my mom put on the bumper lasted up until a couple years ago.
                          Last edited by Silentbob343; 08-19-2006, 02:30 AM.
                          2005 Mazda 3

Comment

lol that dent is no where as bad as mine

but yours is a quick fix a push and it should pop out mabe a little but of a love tap from a body hammer and block and a minimal bit of filler. the main thing is to get the body lines right the way they was.

other than that the car is clean. mine needs some work tho i also need a better cam to take better pic's of her. the pic's i do have are from a crappy cheap cam and you cant tell how clean it is beside the fender and door
                            stock blaze red 1992 Mazda Protege DX 5 Speed

Comment

Well did you fix the friggen dent or what!?

I like the car man, it's nice and clean, and the rims and pedals look good.

I pass the same car everyday on the way to work, and I like it everyday. I like how the bumpers are black.

Comment

Working...
                              X