More changes to the 91 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More changes to the 91 Pro

Here's some experiments on my 91: JDM 323 GTR parts for the front and some customizing of the tails........
    Attached Files
    Original owner: 1991 Protege LX (now w/SOHC) and a few more BG's ....

wow looks nice i like that hood
    sigpic

Comment

looks great - vents always add so much "mean" to the front of a BG

need some fogs in the holes!

Comment

and a FMIC in that big hole in the bumper!

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
        Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

looks fuking awsome!....

Comment

Wow! That's a good-looking BG! I want a '94 front end so bad...

Comment

thats looking tight. i need some vents now
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I love the way the GTR bumper looks on a Protege.

The hood vents look great as well. Those are on my to do list.

Time for some JDM/EDM lights!

Comment

just trying to get an idea of what direction I'm going; since I decided to put the GTR hood up for sale, I'm either going to find a 94 Protege hood - OR I'm going back to the square lights+grill..... The hood vents will be added to whatever I end up with. If I go back to the square stuff, I'll probably sell the GTR grill as well.

I ditched the oem GTR bumper brace that came with the bumper as it was too beat up to use. Ended up modifiying the oem crash brace to work with the GTR bumper - and it actually worked out pretty well. It lost some of its strength, but its mainly intact. Still have some things to do before its finalized and painted....

Also, just curious, did anyone notice what I did with the tails?? Its a sorta subtle difference, but the attached pic might show it up a little more
                  Attached Files

Comment

Alright, I see it now! Looks good! How did you do it?

Comment

whoa! Those GT-R front bumpers are long. It's almost longer than the USDM stock bumpers. Or my eyes are playing tricks on me

Nice car btw.
                      '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
                      '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

Ahh, I see what you did to the tail lights now. I didn't comment before, because I couldn't tell.

It all looks great!

Comment

Looks nice with the GTR parts. Any plans on going turbo?

Comment

the round lamps in the tails are transplants from another Mazda - with a rotary

no turbo/FMIC - instead I hope to have a custom header bolted to the head

no plan for fogs (would definitely like the extra lighting, but I don't necessarily like the looks of the big fogs..... that may change - but I simply plan on having black grilles in the holes), no JDM lights/corners either.....

Comment

Did you just cut the back of the taillight housing and glue in new lamps, or what? Please tell me how you did it! Also,what about some foglight covers like some of the subies have? you could put a "Mazdaspeed" logo on them or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X