X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks better than rust. Great job.

whats up w/ the orange peel?
    it looks like rhino-lining.

on a side note, I think you should trade up rims with your two rides for a little bit
    Id love to see those 15s on the pro.

I tried so hard to find a set of those 15" 5 spokes. Settled for the 14's
    DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92dx View Post
      Looks better than rust. Great job.

whats up w/ the orange peel?
      it looks like rhino-lining.

on a side note, I think you should trade up rims with your two rides for a little bit
      Id love to see those 15s on the pro.

I tried so hard to find a set of those 15" 5 spokes. Settled for the 14's
      The "orange peel" is Mazda's rust protectant - it's on every '90-'97 Miata.

I had my first set of the 15" wheels in my basement for a while after I bought the 2nd, not bent set. I sold the first set to one of my brother's friends for use on his 323 and they look great. 16"s on the Miata is too big IMO, and I really like them on the Protege. Still have my set of 14" wheels from my Miata in the basement for use in the snow, if necessary.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

I knew mazda sprays on that protectant, I didnt know it went all the way up the trim.

Great repair job.
        DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Looks good Ryan.

Put up a pic of the hardtop.................if you get it on.

Comment

Got the HT on the car tonight, it's freggin nasty after sitting on my patio for like 6 months atleast. I'll clean it up tomarrow at work and hopefully take pics of it.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Pics of car with hard top! Sucks it's raining outside today.

Comment

That looks much better than a CV top.

Comment

me so horny!

diggin the two tone, lol.

and once again, those rims are probably my favorite miata rims, next to the 8.5lb bbs
                  DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

2 tone FTW. I wish I could use my other Titanium top though cause it's the correct color gray, the one on the car now is too blue. Can't argue with free...

Comment

Why can't you use the other one?

Comment

Well the one I'm using I got for free at the dealership. It had screwed up allen bolts on the right front latch, but they came out easily, so I was able to get new bolts and use it. The other one I got from the dealership for $200(it was sitting in the parts dept forever but they wouldn't let me have it for free, so I just asked if they would sell it for $200 and sure enough the greed got to them) has 3 broken off bolts on the right front latch mount. My dad has the tools to get the bolts out but he just hasn't done it yet.

Comment

looks good man.

like suggested before i think the rims need too be switched around. pro on the miata and miata on the pro. i think it will look perfect then
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Not gonna do it. I am thinking of repainting the 15"s though...they have some stains and the factory paint has a rough finish that sucks to keep clean.

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                              Not gonna do it. I am thinking of repainting the 15"s though...they have some stains and the factory paint has a rough finish that sucks to keep clean.
                              What color?

Comment

Haven't decided...I like silver wheels so it might just be the same color. What color(s) would you suggest?

Comment

Working...
                                X