Shouldn't all cars have this feature ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't all cars have this feature ?

Again this month I'm in a different rental [work related], a Dodge "Stratus" this time, it was Thanksgiving week when I got it, so selection was very limited i.e. it was the only one left. Surprise, it doesn't suck in any way and I drove it 1080 miles in less that 36 hours so I had plenty time to find flaws. Anyway it has this cool feature [see pictures]...the only thing is exactly what situation would you find yourself in that you'd be glad you had it ? Note: apparently it glows in the dark too !
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Meltdownsky; 12-03-2006, 10:56 AM.
    If it can be done wrong, I will...somehow I always finish tearing things up before I can fix'em ...

I ton of cars have these. Cars that don't have the ability to open the back seats from the trunk.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdownsky View Post
      Again this month I'm in a different rental [work related], a Dodge "Stratus" this time, it was Thanksgiving week when I got it, so selection was very limited i.e. it was the only one left. Surprise, it doesn't suck in any way and I drove it 1080 miles in less that 36 hours so I had plenty time to find flaws. Anyway it has this cool feature [see pictures]...the only thing is exactly what situation would you find yourself in that you'd be glad you had it ? Note: apparently it glows in the dark too !
      Actually I believe it was mandated that all new cars have this feature.

Pat.
      sigpic

Comment

Anyway it has this cool feature [see pictures]...the only thing is exactly what situation would you find yourself in that you'd be glad you had it ? Note: apparently it glows in the dark too !
        Make sure you don't kipnap any little kids with that car.

Comment

^Hahahah! Do it!

Comment

yeah when my friend was buying his new mustang... there was a mustang on the showroom , we didnt notice that we through a friend in tehre adn shut hte trunk and he got out and we where like WTF.... then he showed teh handle thing hah

Comment

i had something similar to that in my 80 corolla. it wasnt a pull rod but a little lever.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I guess it would be cool to have if the "Gangsta's" were taking you to your own execution in that car or perhaps you got so wasted that you thought you were getting in to drive home [ooops, wrong door]...sorry I deleted the post about the potential pratical joke Jho, I was afraid some one might try it and get into trouble...
                If it can be done wrong, I will...somehow I always finish tearing things up before I can fix'em ...

Comment

I guess it would be cool to have if the "Gangsta's" were taking you to your own execution in that car or perhaps you got so wasted that you thought you were getting in to drive home [ooops, wrong door]...sorry I deleted the post about the potential pratical joke Jho, I was afraid some one might try it and get into trouble...
                  Good going! Now people are all like WTF? Do what?

Oh, that Jho kid, he must mean crack, because that's obviously what he's on.

Comment

Ya, auto makers are now mandated to put them in new cars. Back in the 90's there was an odd amount of kids being put into trunks and sufficating. I think most of them were things like kids playing hide and seek. They have to glow in the dark becuase the research found that even if the kid didn't know he was in trouble theyu would still pull on the thing glowing in the dark. There was a 60 minutes about this awhile back. The test was basically they put kids in the trunk to see what they'd do.
                    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post

Okay, okay...I had posted that I would like to lock myself in the trunk at a crowded "Christmas time" mall parking lot and jump out half tied up [you know "Jackass" style] and freak people out, when Jho responded with his remark daring me to do it, at about the same time I deleted my post thinking someone might try it with uncool results. It's those damn voices in my head again...

Comment

Okay, okay...I had posted that I would like to lock myself in the trunk at a crowded "Christmas time" mall parking lot and jump out half tied up [you know "Jackass" style] and freak people out, when Jho responded with his remark daring me to do it, at about the same time I deleted my post thinking someone might try it with uncool results. It's those damn voices in my head again...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thats what I was thinking..

Comment

You say that like it's a bad thing... A Rick James belt buckle, gotta' get one !

Comment

I pass on crack.

Comment

Working...
                              X