X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crappy. where did the metal go?
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

thats a good ? and how was the engine running so good with broken pistons, so what are you going to use as replacements

Comment

Woah! That's crazy! Sorry to hear about that though man, that sucks. Someone on here is selling some 9:1 c/r pistons and rings for like $100! snag it up!

JACK.
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

If this is what happens when you get a little bored remind me to stay out of your way when you get really bored.
          Fast, cheap, reliable: pick two.

1992 Mercury Capri XR2 130xxx miles SOLD

1990 Honda Civic SI
          186k 10:1 hybrid motor
          d16 on 10 pounds will turn ya out.

sigpic

Comment

Keep it in the family

Go rotary. Looks like a fun project either way though. RWD always FTW.

The RX7Club knows about joo.

Comment

I see that you are in lebanon. Im located in salem is your front bumper for sale possibly? Would of liked to see your car in person before the teardown.
              Aaron

Comment

The tear down has already begun.
                The metal was still in the cyl, but in very little pieces. It looks like either the cyl went extremly lean and melted the piston, or it detinated and melted it. This explains why I was getting hesitation problems though.
                The RX7 club huh? I don't know anyone with a REX, but I guess I should take that as a compliment. If anyone knows of a good 13b tt and tranny for sale I'd be more than happy to trade them for a freshly rebuild bp turbo with lsd g-series.
                Right now my plans are as follows:
                I am rebuilding the bp using NA 9.5 compression pistons bored .5mm over, a NA head, ARP head studs, metal head gasket, cromoly piston rings, and a full gasket kit. Basically the motor will be brand new.
                As far as RWD, I finally bought my welder so... Lets just say some of the parts for my build I thought I was getting will not be coming! So next week end the motor is going back in it until I can get the tranny, rear end, driveline, and a **** load of sheet metal. God I hate be broke.
                The only reason that I found about the melted piston was I was swapping over to the NA head. What was going to cost me 120 is now up to 500 and its not even how I wanted to build my motor. So I have really been thinking about rotory rwd.
                If anyone has a blown 13b or tranny I can have to use as mockup PLEASE help a brother out!

EDIT: Welcome to the club Kontakt! Blue scort, feel free to look me up.
                Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

When you go RWD I am seriously considering getting that LSD tranny off your hands as I mentioned before. This should help you cover some of the costs.

Keep me updated.

Comment

Lsd Ftw

but such a waste of a pretty 4 door.
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast View Post
                      The tear down has already begun.
                      The metal was still in the cyl, but in very little pieces. It looks like either the cyl went extremly lean and melted the piston, or it detinated and melted it. This explains why I was getting hesitation problems though.
                      The RX7 club huh? I don't know anyone with a REX, but I guess I should take that as a compliment. If anyone knows of a good 13b tt and tranny for sale I'd be more than happy to trade them for a freshly rebuild bp turbo with lsd g-series.
                      Right now my plans are as follows:
                      I am rebuilding the bp using NA 9.5 compression pistons bored .5mm over, a NA head, ARP head studs, metal head gasket, cromoly piston rings, and a full gasket kit. Basically the motor will be brand new.
                      As far as RWD, I finally bought my welder so... Lets just say some of the parts for my build I thought I was getting will not be coming! So next week end the motor is going back in it until I can get the tranny, rear end, driveline, and a **** load of sheet metal. God I hate be broke.
                      The only reason that I found about the melted piston was I was swapping over to the NA head. What was going to cost me 120 is now up to 500 and its not even how I wanted to build my motor. So I have really been thinking about rotory rwd.
                      If anyone has a blown 13b or tranny I can have to use as mockup PLEASE help a brother out!

EDIT: Welcome to the club Kontakt! Blue scort, feel free to look me up.
                      I've got a couple of blown 13b's but we're a little far away to ship it out and ship it back (they may be blown, but I need them for cores... hell some of them still run. I drove one up blue mountain the other day on 1 rotor).

I'm sure if you looked at the NW section of RX7club.com you could find someone who would be glad to help you out with a mockup. Rotards tend to like to make things RWD.

Comment

theres a wrecking yard near dayton with a couple rx7s in it. complete cars with motors. You might be able to pick one up pretty cheap I beleive they run as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X