The end of my beautiful grey Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of my beautiful grey Protege

Well, it is the end for another Pro. The grey protege met it's maker saturday night. I was driving home , coming up on a blind 35mph corner near my house, when sme idiot in an old '80s buick came flying around the corner IN MY LANE (the outer lane.) So, rather than kill us both with a headon collision, I swerved and hit a tree instead. The driver of the other car never stopped, so I called my Dad, we drug the car the 2 miles home, then went to the hospital. My arm broke near the wrist, so no tire work for me for six weeks. I will have another BG, but I'm just not sure when. I'll keep yall posted.

Ouch man, that really sucks. You do seem happy though, haha.

Comment

the good news is your ok, another BG bites the dust........
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

if the frail rails aren't bent all youd need is a coresupport... I keep a spare one in my attic in case of a horrible situation like that. you can get them for ~$100

Edit.. It looks like you did bend the outside of the frame rail @ least... i guess that means get a chain & pull it back into place.... Must keep it alive!!
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

WARNING: These images are not for the weak at heart!

How dare you put up those pictures. I could've gone my whole life without seeing that.
          ClubProtege

Comment

OH NOES!!! glad to see you smiling tho, i'd be so depressed
            Originally posted by 90prtege
            have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
            Originally posted by Turpro
            Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
            CRZbrussian: that sux
            CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
            CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Damn morons making us crash our cars!
              **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
              95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass View Post
                Ouch man, that really sucks. You do seem happy though, haha.
                must have got some vicodin

Comment

should of gone rally'ing instead of hitting trees
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie94Pro View Post
                    How dare you put up those pictures. I could've gone my whole life without seeing that.
                    The things I've seen at the junkyards...beautiful maroon LX almost cut in half from a slide into a tree, white dx smashed into something, gray car rear ended hard...at first I was scarred for life but now I've become desensitized.

That was a nice gray Protege TRRC...might be worth trying to fix it. Could have been a lot worse that's for sure.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Wow man, how can you be smiling after that?

I would've gotten out and ran after that piece of **** that made you crash.

Glad to see you're doing okay though.

Comment

well, i understand the smiling part. you got to get up and laugh or else you'll be wanting to kill somebody.

i bought an 02 sentra spec v back in 02, and crashed it 3 months later. hit a tree doing 65. . . backwards. i was avoiding a deer, swerved, spun, boom. hit the tree so hard it pushed the rear bumper support 4 feet into the back of the car (in other words it was where the backseat was), pushed the backseats into the back of my driver seat, which got ripped off the floor and slammed into the steering wheel with me in it. i walked away with 12 stiches and a sore ass back. **** happens sometimes, and you just gotta be happy enough you walked away.

sorry for the loss man, i know the feeling.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's good your keeping your spirits high. Did the guy/girl ever stop? If the ins company totals it buy it back. I did that with my old pro. They gave me 1650 for the loss. They asked if I wanted to buy it back. I asked how much thinkin "250-300" nope I got it back for the low low price of 12 bucks. Lol. The interior and motor and tranni sit in sohc 1.8t's car now. Boosted!!!!

It could have been worse. You could've slid sideways into that tree and lost your life. Good luck and keep your head up.
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

eff that man ;[ ur arm broke cuz of some other idiot. hope all is well with u tho
                            womp

Comment

glad you're ok man, sorry to hear about the car. but yea, buy the car back! has lots of goodies on her still!

ps, you know you want a 323 now

JACK.
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                              X