Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics your Intake, thread

Post pics of your intake set up.
    I have a 93 LX with the big air flow box and cant seem to find a way to get an aftermarket intake on.

Let me see what you guys have ...

Me = Stock ...

99 Integra GSR SOLD
    93 Protege LX Current DD
    92 Accord EX Teh Baby!

MX-3 Front seats, MX-3 Complete center console
    VW Cabriolet Front lip, Familia rear Garnish, Foglights with OEM Switch

Just hop on Ebay and buy the adapter plate and K&N Filter kit for like $50, that's what I did and removed all that useless plastic plumbing. It's not an actual intake, but it's better than all the crap that's on there now.

I'll see if I can find pics of what I have.

Later

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

i just spent like 20 minutes this afternoon street tuning my new RX-7 maf and cone filter. the car seriously got ALOT quicker and it pulls all the way to redline. me and my friend didnt think it would be a crazy noticable gain cuz intakes on hondas did jack ****, but dAmn... any retard would know that the car increased hella horsepower; it could be because i have never changed the stock intake filter since iv had the car. now it gives a harsher screech than before shifting into second and my wheels are 195's! i dont know why but this has got to be the most exciting upgrade to my car... including the dohc swap.

if you want a good intake system, remove all the stock intake parts besides the main tubing, buy an rx-7 B-code maf and the appropriate filter for it, slap it all on to your stock tubing, then a few clicks for tuning and BAM! you got an intake growl and more horsepower!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by nitrous_protege; 03-09-2007, 01:24 AM.

Comment

removed factory air box
        Attached Files

Comment

Mine.

Old K&N barrel-cone that my brother gave me to my hybrid K-code AFM(same physical size as the RX-7 AFM), some 3" coupler I found to the Helmholts resonator, to a shortened stock intake tube.

AFM supported on the frame rail with a piece of styrofoam.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Wow Mazkid, you don't seem like the type to use zip-ties to hold something in, especially a battery.
            Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Hadoken View Post
              Wow Mazkid, you don't seem like the type to use zip-ties to hold something in, especially a battery.
              Well, the battery is actually held in with an aluminum bracket I made that mounts onto the tranny mount. That alone would hold the battery in, but just incase I somehow managed to jump the car it would go flying, so I have it strapped down with the wire ties.

Kind of impossible to make a bracket to hold it down in its current position though someday I might try to do it properly.

My intercooler is held to the car with wireties. I don't see what the big deal is, if it works then that's all that matters. I don't consider it "ghetto" or anything. Function over form, unless I can do both easily.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

I don't consider it ghetto or anything either, just the fact that you bought an entire rear end of a Miata to fix some rust made it seem like you'd make everything perfect. Function over form is what I like to hear though.
                Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Hah, well the junkyard was being a jerk and wouldn't sell me just the parts I needed to fix the Miata. This was the only Miata I've ever seen in the junkyards that wasn't rusted out, so I had to do it.

I donno, I try to do most things completely properly, but sometimes if I don't have the supplies or parts, I just do whatever I need to do to get the job done.

Comment

well here my intake setup with the stock intake manifold with my all motor standalone setup. which is why u don't see a VAF,dissy, tps and a bunch of other OEM BS missing. gotta love standalone

Well here my all motor custom intake and mustang TB nice. these we taken when i was all motor am boosted now. they are some old pic.

92 Mazda MX-3 (2120lbs) (12.4@118@18psi)1.8 DOHC ,Eletromotive TEC II Standalone System, Turbo Ric Project Turbo Kit, Custom intake manifold 80MM Mustang TB, PT67 P-TRIM TURBO, Custom turbo manifold, 3 in. down pipe, Innovate wideband, 1000cc RC Injecters,walbro 255, custom fuel rail, Areomotive FPR, MSD wires, NGK V-Power R5671A-8 plugs, 31 1/2" L x 10 5/8" H x 3 1/2" D Percision Turbo 750HP FMIC , 2.5in intercooler piping, Tial wastegate/BOV, Unrothdox UDP, KIA G-series trans, ACT 6 puck extreme clutch,(Need a twin disc) 30psi guage&10,000RPM tach (autometer)(EQUUS guages), NO I DON'T HAVE A BPT I HAVE A REUGLAR BP-DE. (updated)

Otherwise known as LIMEGREEN MX-3
                    12 sec MX-3TURBO RIC PROJECT MX-3
                    http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=59746
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3dn-fw9S7s
                    http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=56488

Comment

Adapter+filter from ebay. Total cost $20.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nitrous_protege View Post
                        i just spent like 20 minutes this afternoon street tuning my new RX-7 maf and cone filter. the car seriously got ALOT quicker and it pulls all the way to redline. me and my friend didnt think it would be a crazy noticable gain cuz intakes on hondas did jack ****, but dAmn... any retard would know that the car increased hella horsepower; it could be because i have never changed the stock intake filter since iv had the car. now it gives a harsher screech than before shifting into second and my wheels are 195's! i dont know why but this has got to be the most exciting upgrade to my car... including the dohc swap.

if you want a good intake system, remove all the stock intake parts besides the main tubing, buy an rx-7 B-code maf and the appropriate filter for it, slap it all on to your stock tubing, then a few clicks for tuning and BAM! you got an intake growl and more horsepower!

is it a direct fit and why do u have 2 tune it and what year rx7
                        Last edited by SLICK92PROTEGE; 03-09-2007, 11:13 AM. Reason: miss spelled
                        sigpicSLICK PROTEGE

Comment

Originally posted by SLICK92PROTEGE View Post
                          is it a direct fit and why do u have 2 tune it and what year rx7
                          No, it's not a direct fit. The outlet of the AFM is 3" where as the Protege's U-code is 2.5.

You have to tune it because the RX-7's AFM's flapper door, the part that opens and closes as intake air passes, needs a different tension to measure the air than the Protege. If you just slap it on the Protege, it'll run lean IIRC. You have to tune the tension down to allow the flapper door to open more, which sends a signal to the ECU for more fuel. Tuning is simple but takes some playing with to get the car to run its best and get the full potential from the RX-7 AFM mod.

These are found on '86-'87 non-turbo RX-7s. You can however make a clone, or hybrid, as I call it. Find a '88-'92 626 or MX-6 at the junkyard, which won't be hard at all. Take the lid off the AFM, remove the contact with the allen bolt, mark the stock location of the gear wheel where it contacts the stopper spring(near the inlet side of the AFM), then remove the circuit board. You'll have to break off the connections, that's normal. Now find a BP car(unless you want to sacrifice your own U-code), and remove it's circuit board. Put the U-code board in the K-code and you've just made yourself a Protege-compatable bigger AFM. My car has run better and more consistent on the 1 hybrid K-code I made than on the 2 b-codes I've had on the car.

Comment

Here's mine.
                            Attached Files

Comment

keep them comming...
                              99 Integra GSR SOLD
                              93 Protege LX Current DD
                              92 Accord EX Teh Baby!

MX-3 Front seats, MX-3 Complete center console
                              VW Cabriolet Front lip, Familia rear Garnish, Foglights with OEM Switch

Comment

Working...
                              X