1st gen new paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st gen new paint

Not 100% finished still need to color sand gas tank cap, install headlights, corners, grill, mirrors, misc.

color: 1980 Honda B16M Windmere Blue Metallic: added gold & copper pearl for unlknown reasons, all work start to finish... all me. it was a bitch took too long but oh she's looking good pics give no justice. 3 stage base/binder/clear used PPG products.
    Once sun comes out get better pics.
    Attached Files
    Tricks get applause... Style gets respect.

you painted it your self
    sigpicSLICK PROTEGE

Comment

looks pretty good! a fresh coat for an old body always is good
      No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

yeah looks very very good
        sigpicSLICK PROTEGE

Comment

Originally posted by SLICK92PROTEGE View Post
          you painted it your self
          It's my 4th paint job and yeah I did everything myself, from prep to paint to polish.

Comment

how much did you spend in materials? Any tips or suggestions? im probably gonna be painting my own car this summer too.

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

wow, you have way more patience than me. ive done a couple cars for other people but i had help. . . i hated every minute of it.
              sigpic

Comment

very purdy
                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

You should color match the bumpers, that would look sick. Other than that it looks spectacular.

Comment

i'll drink to that!

NEUMAN

Comment

Originally posted by b-potent View Post
                      how much did you spend in materials? Any tips or suggestions? I'm probably gonna be painting my own car this summer too.
                      I spent $425 materials and $75 for the boof. Tips, tips, yeah I got a ton of them. PM me if you have specifics.
                      I've found good preparation is invaluable. Expect at least 50 HOURS. Yeah, I've done it in less time, but do it right the first time and be done with it. People seem to skimp on materials a lot of the time. Don't! When it's all over you'll realize it's the cheapest component of the process. You're time is what becomes important.
                      Should have it together in the next day or so, hopefully we'll get some sun. Pictures will show more then. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by analytical View Post
                        I spent $425 materials and $75 for the boof. Tips, tips, yeah I got a ton of them. PM me if you have specifics.
                        I've found good preparation is invaluable. Expect at least 50 HOURS. Yeah, I've done it in less time, but do it right the first time and be done with it. People seem to skimp on materials a lot of the time. Don't! When it's all over you'll realize it's the cheapest component of the process. You're time is what becomes important.
                        Should have it together in the next day or so, hopefully we'll get some sun. Pictures will show more then. It is what it is.
                        I totally agree, prep is what makes the difference between a good job and a poor one, in fact I would say it is about 99% of a paint job. With base clear paint just about anyone could get a pretty decent paint job especially with a HVLP gun, but no amount of paint will hide a bad prep job.

Pat.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X