twin plate clutch anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

twin plate clutch anyone?

This is the new twin plate clutch. It weighs in at 12.5lbs with the flywheel. old flywheel and clutch was 32.5lbs. So i think this may just rev a bit faster I should have it in the car tonight. This clutch is a full drag clutch is an on off type meaning it is very hard to slip.

its only 5.5in accross.

holy ****. thats friggen awesome! nice score man, should perform very nicely!

JACK.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

How are you going to mount the starter to that really small flywheel?

What is the holding capacity of this bad boy?

Comment

looks like the flywheel is the same size. will the pivot ball of the clutch & fork be able to use that without destroying it?
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

second note, what about the trans??? that might pop real quick with that system & high power
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
            second note, what about the trans??? that might pop real quick with that system & high power
            I second that question

Comment

I say do it and find out. Thats what discovery is all about.
              Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

Well it uses a custom TO bearing, stock fork. The trans is stock but has the spyder gears welded. They say the clutch is good for 700ft/lbs tq.

and yes the flywheel is the same size as the other one just made to fit this clutch.

we just got it installed and it revs like a sport bike. And did a few lanches with it in the parking lot. it grabs so hard its crazy. the car feels so fast and thats with blowing the tires off in 3rd gear. and thats just because we ran out of room. If I get it to the track this week will find out what it will do. but thats if the weather is nice.

and what masterbanter said. Ill just see what goes next. no one else does it so i might as well.

Comment

I smell fragged gearbox with a topping of fried halfshaft and a side order of CV puree. But I bet it'll be way way fun in the meantime!
                  '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                  '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Can they make one for a more streetable application?
                    Frank
                    92 EGT
                    03.5 MSP
                    05 ZX-6R

Comment

I’m not sure if they could or why you would need a clutch to hold this much power on the street.

This gear box has been in this car for 3 years now and has yet to blow up, not saying its not going to but no one knows how much power they will take so that’s what I’m going to find out. I’m putting 39lbs tq to it right now. I broke one axle last year but that was due to how the engine was positioned in the car. That is all sorted out and will see from here if I’m going to need to do stronger axles. With the diff spinning both tires at the same time it takes a lot of stress off the spider gears from the shock of dropping the clutch on it. Ill keep you up to date with how it works out.

Comment

39lbs? I'm hoping you mean 390, cause 39...did something break?
                        No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

yeah sorry 390. but i slipped the clutch that had been in the car for 4 years. I want to make 420-450tq with about 550-600hp. I still have alot to do to add hp along with more boost. im only running 22psi right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mysta316 View Post
                            I’m not sure if they could or why you would need a clutch to hold this much power on the street.

Gt-r with 99' miata head, idividual throttle bodies, freedom ecu, and some more goodies. Might throw in that turbo upgrade for the Gt-r that Corksport does.
                            Frank
                            92 EGT
                            03.5 MSP
                            05 ZX-6R

Comment

I ran that turbo in my daily driver for about 2 years running 20psi. It ran a 12.6@115mph and was just using a ACT extream clutch in it and never had it slip.

Comment

Working...
                              X