No announcement yet.

painted my wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just took the spoiler off, it leaves about 6 holes on the hatch I think. I had to mount the 3rd brakelight on the inside of the hatch also.
    sigpic
    1990 EGT Turbo RIP
    1995 EGT GTX RIP
    1991 323 GTX swapped
    2003.5 MSP

Comment

this is what i've been thinking about doing http://www.wihandyman.com/wil/howto/...eels/index.htm
      sigpic

Comment

i think that green tint would be nice lol

Comment

Originally posted by me19875 View Post
          this is what i've been thinking about doing http://www.wihandyman.com/wil/howto/...eels/index.htm
          those instructions are great, but the paint he used isnt, i tried that paint once and it doestn hold as well as Gloss engine Enamel. All the other times ive painted wheels.. ive used the enamel, it sticks alot better, and it doesnt come off as easy. The engine enamel has alot of colors to choose from. i tried that wheel paint since that it was for.. but it chipped, after 3 weeks. And the enamel i used on my pro never chipped..ever.

Comment

interesting... coz I have the same chipping problem. I gotta use the engine enamel now, but does it come in flat colors?

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
              interesting... coz I have the same chipping problem. I gotta use the engine enamel now, but does it come in flat colors?
              yea they have almost eveyr color, u just have to get lucky at which automototive store u go to. ertain ones carry more than others. Advanced carries more different colors..

Comment

how is the finish quality though? his looked perfect. does the engine enamel look any different?
                sigpic

Comment

The finish quality is great, the pic in my sig is from the engine enamel on my wheels

Those are the only pics i have of my wheels up close, LSCRX has my old wheels .. i havent tald to him tho. But i washed my wheels all the time and never chipped with the enamel. And when i painted my svt wheels witht he wheel paint the paint chipped when i washed the wheels soemtimes..

Comment

i like em. . . id just get the thing lowered. i thought they were grey, i didnt see the green tint you guys were talking about, so maybe thats just my monitor.

thumbs up.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by southerncross View Post
                      i like em. . . id just get the thing lowered. i thought they were grey, i didnt see the green tint you guys were talking about, so maybe thats just my monitor.

thumbs up.
                      yea im tryin to get my springs next week, if it looks good ill keep it that color if not graphite or bronze!

Comment

Working...
                      X