My 2003 Mazda Protege ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2003 Mazda Protege ES

Hey everyone. My name is Shane and I live in Parkersburg WV. I bought my Mazda for my wife new, but I recently bought her another vehicle so I took the protege for myself.. Its the first protege Ive owned, and I love it.. From the beginning, I added a short throw shifter and a cold air intake. I then got an exhaust, wheels, and the most recent paint job. I think Iam gonna go with some drop springs next, but I dont know. Here it is.

Hope you guys like it.. Their are alot of nice cars on this forum. Here is a funny, but profain language video form the 1/8 mile track here.

sigpic

Hello shane . welcome to clubprotege. Sweet ride. Definetly needs a drop. Nice kill.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thanks buddy
      sigpic

Comment

nice car and welcome

hey lat you have a passenger AND a camera?!?! **** I had to hide the camera and passengers were strictly forbbiden at my track

get some decent spring like tiens and hit of the twisties out there on route 50
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I know Rt. 50.. But Its a few hours away to the twisty section.. I live right on the border of WV and OHIO. Thanks though.. Yea, the track we all go to is awesome. They have "Run what ya Broung" on Thursdays.. Camera, Passengers, 4 wheels, trucks, cars and even mini vans.. its $10.00 to get in the gate and you can run as many times as you can get through the tree.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneBell View Post
            I know Rt. 50.. But Its a few hours away to the twisty section.. I live right on the border of WV and OHIO. Thanks though.. Yea, the track we all go to is awesome. They have "Run what ya Broung" on Thursdays.. Camera, Passengers, 4 wheels, trucks, cars and even mini vans.. its $10.00 to get in the gate and you can run as many times as you can get through the tree.
            sweet, Yeah I have family off of rt. 50 out by romney and have thrashed up and down the twisty parts of that road many times.

damn we need a night like that down here, we do have an open run night but they still give you a tech inspection
            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneBell View Post
              Thats close to me???
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Tech inspection... Their is nothing like that at my track.. If you are under 7 seconds you must have a roll bar and helmet, fuel cell, battery relocated, and so on.. But Iam not even close to that.. They dont even look at your car here though.. Its alot of fun. I got about once a month. I usually run about 11.10 at or around 73mph. But Ive never actually went alone, Ive always had some that wanted to ride with me. The next time I go, Iam planning on droping some wieght and riding alone to see if that helps. Id like to get low 10's
                sigpic

Comment

What town is this track in?

Comment

Its right outside of Point Pleasant. The name is Kanawha Valley Drag Park.. Thursday nights are the test and tune. Any street legal vehicle. Although I did see some 4 wheelers racing too.. Its alot of fun. I recommend going if you have the means. Are you in Marietta OHIO?
                    sigpic

Comment

nhra allows you to have a passenger until you hit 14.00 then its no more and you have to have a helmet. so you track not letting others ride is just for safety or insureance reasons. also the camera deal is lame. you should be able to do that when ever you want. just make it a bolted in part.

NEUMAN

Comment

Working...
                      X