Rods rods rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rods rods rods

My forged rods came in today after a long wait and I thought I'd take some comparison pics. They say it all. From left to right: N/A and GTX --> GTR --> Forgies.
    Attached Files

Are those the carrillo look-a-likes(belfab)? How long was your wait to get them?
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
      Are those the carrillo look-a-likes(belfab)? How long was your wait to get them?
      Yes they are and I waited well over a month for them.

Comment

I know the price is about half of what carrillos go for, just wondering if the quality was worth the wait? They look sweet. Have you weighed them yet and compared that to the weight of other aftermarket rods? And last question(I promise lol), do they all weight the same?
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

They are balanced from the factory to 474-473 grams each which is a little lighter than the NA BP rods and comparable to the Carillo H beams. The Carillo A beams are about 100g lighter. I will be doing a full inspection and measurement on their bores before they go in.

The quality looks good - no complaints from an initial look. The Carillos are actually over $1000 so these are a lot less than 1/2 the price. They come with ARP studs as well.

After all a rod is a rod. If the material used is good and machining is up to par it should hold some serious power.

Comment

they are lighter then the NA rods???? thats a big positive!!! less rotating/reciprocating mass
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

NA rods are listed to be 562 grams with nuts and bolts.

Comment

That is a big sexy rod you got there!
                **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

hrmm, almost 400 grams of weight savings eh? that'll make a spin up difference
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

That and the 1.9 overbore and 9.0 compression should do good things to spoolup.

I wouldn't trust these rods much beyond 600hp, especially without better rod bolts but my goal is ~350whp.

Comment

lol ever making 600whp from a BP is insane

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                        lol ever making 600whp from a BP is insane
                        Now that would make me cream in my undies
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

I know Corksports drag car made 453 to the wheels on a BP and that was just at 25psi boost. I know that's a ways away from 600 but it wouldn't take much to get it there.

PS:
                          that's still on GTR rods, and yes I would say that new rods would be a plus if we were to try for 600.

PSS.
                          Rods look good by the way

Jason
                          Yes Its 4wd woot woot
                          sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

someone should sticky this

Comment

sweet lookin rods. that motor is gonna rock
                              91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Working...
                              X