Per Request: Craig's Custom Rally 4WD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Per Request: Craig's Custom Rally 4WD

Matt, known to us as WTRG, asked for some pics of the extreme stripping process (which hasn't done a lot of recent). So here are some slightly more detailed pics of what I've been doing. Sorry for the mess, but there'd be nothing to look at if I cleaned it out.

Some of the pics didn't turn out, so I'll get them later. Here's a few detailing the front, and the lack of wires.
    • There are 4 wires going out the right side: marker, turn, high/low beam. Pretty simple.
    • The left side has a few more: same 4 as the right, plus 4 related to power/ignition, and 6 for the wipers.
    • The only reason there's still deadening on the front is I haven't gotten to it yet.
    • The cardboard is a mockup. I thinks its funny too. The steel hides the relays behind it, with the fuses mounted to it. That's also temp, will have a much better setup for all the misc wiring.
    • You may see quite a few wires dangling about, not connected. Good eye! I need to stop being lazy and fix that, which I've started again this week. None of the grounds are hooked up.
    • All that dash stuff? Not required. felt decently heavy in the box I tossed it all. No speakers. No interior lights. Um, currently no heater, but I'll fix that eventually. Don't need it in the summer do I?
    • All the random metal on the dash support will be cut off, smoothed out. I don't really want things stabbing me by accident.
    I would guess, at least 250lbs dropped. Seems weird to lose most in the rear, but with a jack, tools, spare in the rear, it'll even out. Plus I haven't even started on the engine bay weight reduction. Nor the cage. Still very much in its infancy. Like, I want to change up the fuel tank, and the silly secondary sender unit. You know, the other cpu under the drivers seat. I need a fuel cell to replace that. and seam welding. and some other stuff. eh. money later I guess.
    Attached Files
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.
Working...
X