No announcement yet.

Passing a supercharged Cobra (and some other things) at the track in my Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passing a supercharged Cobra (and some other things) at the track in my Protege

Just a quick clip of me passing a few cars at New Hampshire Motor Speedway this past Monday. I get by a Mustang Cobra, an E36 M3, and a Jaguar E-type.

Considering that I had a blown wheel bearing and a busted strut--and considering that I had to get push-started all day because my starter failed--I'm pretty pleased with these laps.

I added a little music to this clip. Normally I'd just leave the raw audio, but after I made the clip I noticed that it was exactly as long as the song from the Porsche scene in SuperTroopers. I couldn't resist.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Clint
    1994 Mazda Protege DX (261Kmiles): Eibach springs, Tokico struts, Addco sway bars, massively ghetto-fabulous OBX camber bolts set to max. -ve, Energy Suspension LCA bushings, disc brake conversion, Carbotech XP8 (front) and AX6 (rear) pads, ATE Superblue, 15x7 Kazera KZ-M w/ 205/50/15 Avon Tech Ra (track), 15x6 Miata wheels w/ 195/50/15 Hankook Ventus R-S2 (street) and 14" stock wheels w/ Blizzak WS-60 (ice racing), A/C delete, BP swap, POS Pacesetter (w/ leak), 2.25" custom exhaust, cage and full SCCA ITA prep possibly in the works...

1995 3000GT VR-4:Tein Flex, 332mm Stoptechs, manual steering conversion, custom brake lines with cockpit-mounted prop. valve, AWS delete, DSM sidemounts, full ATR single-exit, 13g/9b mismatch w/9psi WG springs, DN o2 housings, SAFC, AEM wideband, much more, etc.

1987 BMW 325is:Bilsteins/H&R Springs, very solid motor mounts, 220k - stodgy daily driver

Owned.

Comment

pretty sweet, good other vids too!
      Last edited by 92dx; 09-24-2008, 10:29 PM.
      DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

HAHA awsome.
        This is lolZz

Comment

so sad when there's nobody left to pass

Comment

Nice ownage You were hitting those apex's way better than any of them and that helps alot.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

killer dude!!!!!! the power of BP!!!!
              1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
              Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
              "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

the best part is the song off supertroopers!

NEUMAN

Comment

nice video. now i got the itch to go auto-x racing
                  Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

doesnt look like they were trying 2 hard, but u were driving well

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaBoost View Post
                      doesnt look like they were trying 2 hard, but u were driving well
                      Heh, the Cobra was definitely taking it easy. Even with just a little effort that car should blow me out of the water.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O06-1Ly5blo

It's a short clip of me getting passed by a 460whp RX7 with an LS3 swap.

Clint
                      1994 Mazda Protege DX (261Kmiles): Eibach springs, Tokico struts, Addco sway bars, massively ghetto-fabulous OBX camber bolts set to max. -ve, Energy Suspension LCA bushings, disc brake conversion, Carbotech XP8 (front) and AX6 (rear) pads, ATE Superblue, 15x7 Kazera KZ-M w/ 205/50/15 Avon Tech Ra (track), 15x6 Miata wheels w/ 195/50/15 Hankook Ventus R-S2 (street) and 14" stock wheels w/ Blizzak WS-60 (ice racing), A/C delete, BP swap, POS Pacesetter (w/ leak), 2.25" custom exhaust, cage and full SCCA ITA prep possibly in the works...

1995 3000GT VR-4:Tein Flex, 332mm Stoptechs, manual steering conversion, custom brake lines with cockpit-mounted prop. valve, AWS delete, DSM sidemounts, full ATR single-exit, 13g/9b mismatch w/9psi WG springs, DN o2 housings, SAFC, AEM wideband, much more, etc.

1987 BMW 325is:Bilsteins/H&R Springs, very solid motor mounts, 220k - stodgy daily driver

Comment

WOW that rx7 was moving!
                        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

song is: Bubbles - Bidibodi Bidibu

great song to drive fast to.
                          No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Working...
                          X