Ouch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch...

My 16 year old son got his license last night. He was so excited to be able to drive himself to school this morning for the 1st time. Him, his girlfriend and his little brother(13yr old).... I get a call around 820a. One of my worst fears. My wife telling me Chads been in an accident and I freaked out!! She proceeds to start crying and I jumped in the car heading in the direction where she said it happened. Chad called me on my way there saying everybody is ok, we were sitting at the light and BAM... guy behind him turning left got his headon with another truck. he was pushed in to the side of his car. I just handed him the keys last night. We bought him all this stereo stuff for his birthday from crutchfield(dash kit, wiring harness, etc) and he has it all connected and layed out in his room ready to go. He got home from school today and he looked so sad. Adjuster didn't show up today but I am guessing its totaled. 626 took it like a champ. Passenger side is fubared. Middle door sill is actually pressing against passenger seat?!

Everybody ok so thats all that matters..
    Sorry so winded.
    Attached Files
    'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
    -Dean
    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
    Injen CAI - Polished
    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
    DaveB trim rings
    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

damn ... what an experience in the 1st 24 hrs of driving ... hope it's a good learning lesson tho. it's good to find out early you aren't in control of all the variables when driving! there is always someone else around with questionable skills. glad they are all safe. bet you shat yourself when that call 1st came in !!...btw looks like it will buff right out

Comment

lighting has struck your household... just be happy he was not the cause! good luck with insurance! its awesome everyone is ok!
      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

wow, glad to hear everyone is ok.

good thing he got the 1st accident over and done with tho haha.
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

i agree with ever1 else. glad to see they were all ok. i could only imagine how you felt! oh man. time for a BG!
          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Or go for a mx-3....

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
            Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

I bet your son would be very receptive to the idea opf a good defensive driving school right about now. OK it wouldn't have helped in this nightmare scenario but I bet even a 16 yr old realizes now that it *can* happen to him, and that's a Good Thing.
              '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
              '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

insurance adjuster just left... ~$2000 in parts (both new and used) alone to repair. Should know by tomorrow what the fate is.
                'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                -Dean

Mods:
                Injen CAI - Polished
                Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                DaveB trim rings
                Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

That sux. Glad to hear your son is ok. Is he ok mentally. head on crash right in front of him could really mess you up if you havent been driving long. Also how are you? Leg giving you any problems. The car looks sexy in the background.
                  Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                  "Who Dey"

Comment

he seems fine. I am going to ask he insurance company who is covering the claim if they will pay to have him go to driving school? it can't hurt?

Foot is doing well. Had a bout with an infection but short lived.
                    Here are a couple more pictures. You can see in the one the doors used to be even. Now tilted in like a V.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by DeanSweetP5; 05-21-2009, 05:03 PM.
                    -Dean

Mods:
                    Injen CAI - Polished
                    DaveB trim rings
                    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

good to hear that everyone's OK another Mazda bites the dust, guess youll have to get him a BG now
                      Check out the Pics
                      sigpic
                      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
                      Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

Comment

good to hear they all came out unharmed.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by 90prtege View Post
                          good to hear that everyone's OK another Mazda bites the dust, guess youll have to get him a BG now
                          Werd.
                          This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

Good to hear him and the passengers are ok. I definetly agree with the ppl that its time for a bg. Just remember, me and shawn know a lot about them and we're local
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I agree with everybody else. Glad nobody got hurt. He can learn a lot from it.
                              1990 Protege 4WD
                              GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                              ├┼┤
                              2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
                              X