Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im using honing tools not sanding cartridge's.... with honing tools you can get a surface finish unobtainable by conventional sanding.

Chris the last head i was working on went onto steve's car- were unsure what caused it (i think a poor cooling system & possibly overheating several times[hard to say as i wasnt the driver]) but it hairline cracked in the center of chamber 3 connecting the intake/exhaust seats. (wasnt' even in an area i touched- so im not to blame)

anyhow tho, this one will replace that last one- personally speaking i took less time & did a better job. so thumbs up for me

Oh & EDIT: yes i did shortside radius work to this one too.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Nice work Ryan!
      1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
      Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
      R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

gonna look you up when i get a motor rebuilt
        Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
        "Who Dey"

Comment

I still wanna see pics of the tools. When I did the head on my 4AGE for my toyota, I just did a quick polish to the exhaust (80-grit cartridges, followed by 320-grit paper on a split-shaft, followed by a dremel polishing attachment) and on the intake, I just cleaned things up with 80-grit and left it.

It was actually enjoyable and relaxing work. I think louder music in the garage and maybe a couple beers would've made it better, though.

--sarge

Comment

Working...
          X