motor swap time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor swap time

well i started my motor swap a litter earlier than i had hoped.Due to the current n/a motor died on me on friday,here are some pics from the progress i made today,and some pics of the new motor
    Attached Files
    sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

come to mazdasnw.com if you live in the northwest

welcome to the 200hp club!

NEUMAN

Comment

thanks man whats a safe boost pressure to run it at
      sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

Comment

Doesn't make power past 15psi.
        sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
        92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Congrats on the swap. Let us know how it turns out. I already miss my bpt.
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

nice! should be a fun swap! what's your list looking like for the swap? what parts did you get?

hope all goes well! don't forget the 4 wire tps and the pin swap on the ecu!
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

well i got all the parts just waiting on a cherry picker so i installed my intercooler and some of the pipe.also whats the reason that i need to switch to a 4 wire tps ?
              Attached Files

Comment

well i have the sensor that bolt to the throttle body but i dont have the plau with the wires where can i find the plug at?

Comment

any body know if i can us the whole na throttle body on the gtx

Comment

well i got the old motor out today and i will be putting the gtx motor in tomorrow
                    Attached Files

Comment

it'll run off the 3 wire, but not well from what i've heard.

swap's lookin good tho!
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

thanks yea i picked up a 4 wire harness plug so i am going to do the swap

Comment

well i got the new motor in and all the intercooler piping done still need to do something about the exhaust and put the interior back together also i noticed that the crank pulley from my na motor does not fit my gtx motor so i need to find where i can get one
                          Attached Files

Comment

here is a better pic of the crank
                            Attached Files

Comment

please anybody know what crank pully i need to get and where i can get one?

Comment

Working...
                              X