Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJ video

Oh you pervs....

In late May my girlfriend and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary with a 2-day getaway on the coast, and I had my cam with me (it's STILL not what you think ) - this is some of the footage we shot to and from.

Hwy 1 is one of the most amazing roads in the world - I've had the privilege of driving from San Francisco to L.A. on it in the past, it's just incredible as far as a 'car guy' road is concerned.

The car is a bone stock 1999 Protege, 1.6L 5sp, but it was very spry - however, I did have to behave as I had the lady in the car (and it's her car to boot) and the route was pretty well patrolled.

I loved the combination of sunshine over the water with the fog rolling in off the mountains, and beach/cliff scenery, as well as the never ending scenery.

Sorry about the sudden ending at 3:51, the damn video software kept crashing and I said '**** it' and just got this much done.

What you see is a snippet of about 3 hours of driving in those conditions. If my patience returns I'll make a slightly more expanded version, which includes rear-facing camera angles and higher resolution.

The camera is a GoPro Hero HD, the resolution (before the compression and edit work) was 720x1280 wide angle.

I hope the next video I shoot on HWY 1 should be off the 323!

Enjoy!

A little Hwy 1 footage between Carmel and Hearst Castle. Cam is a Hero HD in r3 mode (720x1280).
    '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
    '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
    10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
    490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

That looks like WAY to much fun!
    I'd be in SO much trouble on that road!
    With the wifey, AND the patrol! OH WELL! lol
    94 pro base model, all synthetic fluids, s/r struts, front & rear ebay upper strut bars,front & rear tie bar, ZX2 1" front swaybar, EGT 21mm rear sway bar, custom delrin endlinks front & rear, custom delrin rear swaybar mount bushings, EBC front blanks & redstuff pads, CS ss brake lines & dot 4 fluid, big drum brakes in rear (from ZX2, free parts), 2.25 custom exaust w/magnaflo oval muffler, 4-wire o2 sensor, custom ram-air, 4-wire BP tb, MSD super conducter plug wires, MSD Blaster SS coil, NGK iridiums,OEM weighted shift knob, ebay short shifter, bronzoil bushings, CS ss clutch line, custom air splitter, mx-3 recaro drivers seat, EGT foglight switch, 35w 5000k hi/lo hid's

soon:
    lightened flywheel & clutch; in garage,
    Miata Daisy's; after new tires

Comment

Ah yes. Last time I was on that road we got lots and lots of eye candy in the form of a Ferrari club, convoying the other direction. Musta been 150 cars more or less...a Countach sticks in my memory rather vivdly, it was white with neon red pinstripes all over the silly thing. Looked like a Tron prop. It wasn't anywhere NEAR as cool as the Testarossa. Naw, not the miami vice garish one, the one that kicked everyone's ass in the fifties. Gawd wotta gorgeous car...
      Last edited by jay; 06-07-2010, 06:09 PM.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Damn I miss CA. I used to live in San Jose when I was real small. 2-8yrs. Then I went back for 2 weeks last year to Socal. Corona Del Mar area. (super richies)

So nice, however I did mute your video and had When Worlds Collide playing, lol.

Id love to live on the other coast.

Comment

I love roads like that. so much fun to drive on. great view as well
          91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

cool route and ya the music sounded like somethin out of gumball splly with that drive lol
            Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
            99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
            01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Working...
            X