Got Meh New Compresore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got Meh New Compresore

$76 bucks and 3 1/2 hours of driving and this is what I got. It's got a funky plug on it and I'm not sure whether to change the plug or rewire my house. The guy I bought if from says it's a plug for a 20 amp 110 circuit. HTFWIK. I'll do some more research later.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 1st Gen; 06-19-2010, 07:11 PM.
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

nice
    swapping into another shell!

Comment

whats ur cfm, psi? and whats htfwik?
      swapping into another shell!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_turbo'd View Post
        whats ur cfm, psi? and whats htfwik?
        how the friendship would i know...

1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

I was in your neck of the woods Jace. I had to drive down to Mt. Angel to pick this up.
          Attached Files

Comment

I can't tell from the photo.. is that a 2-stage pump?

for ~75 bucks, you just cant beat it!

Comment

i wanna get something very similar to that when i get my own place. nice find.
              sigpic

Comment

20 amp plug = rewire a dedicated circuit and put it on a 20 amp breaker or you will be popping breakers all the time .. dont rewire the plug if you dont want issues (and to be honest , a potential fire hazard)

nice score tho !

you can wire it into a dryer plug with a large gauge extension (welding cable) and just use 1 circuit of the two. most 240v outlets are setup on 2x 20a breakers
                Last edited by MazdaNoob; 06-19-2010, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I did a little research about it and found that a 20 amp circuit needs to use at least 12 gauge wire. As it turns out, my shop is using 12-2 gauge Romex already. I'll ask a friend or two but I think I might end up having an electrician sort this out. The fire hazard comment is not lost on me.

I believe it's a 2HP, single stage, 110v compressor. I just missed a 3HP for $145 that was two stage but it sold Sat morning.

It's got a lot of water in the tank and it looks pretty scaly, but I think it will be a nice piece of equipment. My main concern is if it will run a DA sander and paint sprayer. If it can do those things, it will meet 100% of my needs for an air compressor.

I'm feeling pretty good about this.
                  Last edited by 1st Gen; 06-20-2010, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I wired the extension onto a plug for regular 110 so I could plug it in. It does run but I'm a little disappointed with the volume. I let it run long enough to blow the water out of the tank but that was it. I'll work on it more later.

Edit-As I sit here and think about it, the guy told me that this machine hadn't run for a long time. I'll bet the volume of the pump will go up as it warms up and oils up. Some new oil probably wouldn't hurt a bit either.
                    Last edited by 1st Gen; 06-20-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
                      how the friendship would i know...

i thot it was 'How The Fcuk Would I know' lol
                      atleast thats how i read it the first time around
                      Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
                      99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
                      01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

For $76.00 you cant beat that with a stick.
                        Its a bit small for painting but it could made to work.
                        220 is only way to go if you can.
                        I have mine on the factory 120 plug and its a PITA.
                        Note to self ,get brother in law electrician down here to wire shop for 220
                        like he promised me last brake job/water pump I did for him .