• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 second street car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yWvH5dC7Yo holy

NW MAZDAS

Originally posted by bogaut View Post
    truely amazing, but that is no 6 second street car... that is a car that in race trim on a prepped track can run 6's but on the streets my protege could probably beat it down a 1/4 mile stretch of road because his tires would be spinning 200 mph and the car would hardly be moving.

stunning none the less!
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by FazdaBoy4ever View Post
      truely amazing, but that is no 6 second street car... that is a car that in race trim on a prepped track can run 6's but on the streets my protege could probably beat it down a 1/4 mile stretch of road because his tires would be spinning 200 mph and the car would hardly be moving.

stunning none the less!
      Larry's car was unchanged from it's Drag Week trim, and had only been outfitted with a new pair of Hoosier DOT legal "slicks"
      Sounds to me like the slicks were for the drag events, I bet he doesn't usually run slicks.

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

Well, the fact that he drives it on the street, at least sometimes, makes the whole thing totally beerworthy.

I'd kinda like to do forced induction on a V8 , in something that handles, someday...
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

ShyT...

Thanks for sharing.

The commentator redoctober its retarded. About the usual import vs. domestic comments, that we get day in day out.

Nobody can change that, domestics dominate giving the best quarter miles times. The way that I see is similar to boxing. To me the imports are like featherweight fighters, while domestics are heavy category. Totally different categories, but that does not mean a heavy boxer/fighter can get his ass kicked.

Regardless of the power and achievements of domestics, no way in hell I would wrench or own one of those engines. At least for my budget and mechanical orientation, I stick with my Mazda 323 with a BP platform. I just love it when I see my humble boosted bp block and cant believe the power it can deliver.

Back to the subject, the video is super cool, I laughed when the other vehicle takes off and halfway on the track he passes the other vehicle as if he is not even moving. I dont know if its me, but... Isn't the racetrack slanted, like goind downhill?

Originally posted by FazdaBoy4ever View Post
          but on the streets my protege could probably beat it down a 1/4 mile stretch of road because his tires would be spinning 200 mph and the car would hardly be moving.

stunning none the less!
          So very true, got a neighbor with a similar car like that. When I went boosted every now and then I would go to a long empty stretch of road to tune/dial the car with the Apex (I know piggy backs are ghetto, but hell they work for me). So he would here the bov when I was testing the Mazda. Next thing I know a few minutes later he takes out his domestic beast and drives by in front of my house and of course revs it right when he passes by the driveway. Dude, (no freakin BS) grabbed my keys, jumped in the Mazda and followed him. My friend was like what the hell you doin?

Anyway, when I saw he had slicks I knew he was done. He accelerates and takes off, I waited a little as his car started waving from side to side, a few seconds later I did a classic drive by all out at 15 psi and his freakin fhukin face was priceless. You bet I looked to see him and his wife dumb**** look. Waited and lined up on the next light and next thing I know he turns toward the gas station.

Guess what, he does not pass by my house anymore, LOL!

And to give some spice to the thread,

Last edited by psiturbo; 09-24-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post
            I laughed when the other vehicle takes off and halfway on the track he passes the other vehicle as if he is not even moving. I dont know if its me, but... Isn't the racetrack slanted, like goind downhill?
            I got giddy too when I saw that, kind of like the Veyron vs Audi R8 vid I posted up from YouTube a month back.

I think the track is level but inclined after the 1/4 mile to help slow down the cars more before having to heat up the brakes.

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

there is a local guy around me that has a twin turbo mustang that runs in the 7's on drag radials, see it driving around town every once in a while. pretty easy to spot with a big chute on the back lol.
              sigpic

Comment

the guy doesn't touch the car as far as 'trim' goes, he drives it to the track, runs it, packs up and leaves, there are several videos of him out there just cruising around on BIG ASS rear tires, ridiculous achievement and mad props to him, super nice guy, incredible what you can do with enough money
                Originally posted by 90prtege
                have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                Originally posted by Turpro
                Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                CRZbrussian: that sux
                CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

that is one effing beast i dont care what anyone says lol
                  Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
                  99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
                  01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

excellent camera work .. that's just nuts...

Comment

Working...
                    X