First summer autocross..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First summer autocross..

VCMC put on their first autocross of the summer this year... 98 drivers turned out and with a lot of new first timers it made for very little seat time.. The course was fast and fun to drive though.. As you'll see in my video's I had the V6 323 stretching her legs long into 3rd gear... I was having so much fun with the front stretch that I kept forgetting to get hard on the brakes for the back sweeper and kept over driving it...

V6 323 1st run... I was caught off gaurd with how stable and fast the car felt.. With the new coil overs the car is a whole new beast..

V6 323 2nd run

V6 323 3rd run.. I forgot to tighten down the bottom bolt on my camera mount on this run.. Half way up the front stretch the camera tilts and you get a nice view of my wheel.. looks like I need to run more air pressure in the tires.. also if you pause it at 43 - 44 sec I get the car a little sideways and while correcting the slide I drive right over the base a cone with out moving it.. turned out to be my fastest run of the day..

88 GTX 323 4th and final run.. For my last run of the day I swapped cars and took my GTX for a spin.. It was a lot of fun but the car really didn't like the quick change over with no time to properly warm up..
    my 4th and final run of the day I swapped over quickly to my gtxit really didn't like the cold run and started missing under boost... much slower compaired ...

looks like a blast! car seems to handle real nice now, how much quicker do you think you are now?
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
      looks like a blast! car seems to handle real nice now, how much quicker do you think you are now?
      Not sure.. in Raw time I finished 26th out of 98 drivers... I usually finished middle of the pack... So if I had to guess 2 sec on 40 sec course... I am really hoping for good news on my taxes so that I can get in on the group buy for control arm bearings...

Comment

that 3rd run gets crazy lol. nice vids!!

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
        1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

So you did end up getting it together last Sunday ... I didnt hear from you ...

How did the new coilovers perform ??

Comment

Originally posted by 323Permin View Post
            So you did end up getting it together last Sunday ... I didnt hear from you ...

How did the new coilovers perform ??
            Sorry Rob.. I did get the car together for sunday... I think between both my gtx and the V6 car between thursday and saterday night I spent about 30 hours on both cars... ... The coil overs ended up working out really well...

Comment

Looks like real fun and i cant wait for the point season to start around here.
              88 323 GTX
              93 Protege LX
              00 Jeep Cherokee
              88 Ford Ranger GT
              15 F150

Comment

Glad you got to run!
                Our first "summer series" event (ran "winter series" events in Jan and Feb) was last Sunday. Sat it was sunny and 80. Sun, weather was miserable, culminating in third heat (my heat) goting snowed out. Ahhh, springtime in the rockies... We run again Sunday

Want feedback/ analysis?
                2003 Protege5
                1990 Protege LX (sold)
                1990 Protege DX (sold)
                1992 626 (sold)

Common abbreviations and jargon on Club Protege: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34116

Comment

Originally posted by cojsl View Post
                  Glad you got to run!
                  Our first "summer series" event (ran "winter series" events in Jan and Feb) was last Sunday. Sat it was sunny and 80. Sun, weather was miserable, culminating in third heat (my heat) goting snowed out. Ahhh, springtime in the rockies... We run again Sunday

Want feedback/ analysis?
                  definatly wouldn't mind hearing some feedback... I know I over drove the back sweeper for sure.. but any other input would be great..

Comment

"Slow in, fast out"
                    "Look ahead.. further"

But seriously. That course was constant transitions, but there were many times when the wheel was on center (car wasn't turning) making turn in late (run wide, overcook corners). Try working on looking ahead further so that you anticipate and turn in earlier allowing the car to "settle" sooner, allowing you to confidently carry more corner speed because you know where you are going next and are setting up for it early.

I'm no expert either, just passing along helpful feedback the "fastest" drivers have given me for similar situations. Just got to incorporate it better....
                    Last edited by cojsl; 04-06-2011, 03:16 PM.
                    2003 Protege5
                    1990 Protege LX (sold)
                    1990 Protege DX (sold)
                    1992 626 (sold)

Common abbreviations and jargon on Club Protege: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34116

Comment

Working...
                    X