Autox pics from CA Speedway 7-11-2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autox pics from CA Speedway 7-11-2004

Our local photog caught me a few times this past weekend. I'm beginning to wonder if there's a time i am NOT on 3 wheels
    Attached Files

more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Did you use a different set of wheels?
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Great!
        One day you are born,
        The next big milestone
        you discover go zoom-zoom
        you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Originally posted by charles
          Did you use a different set of wheels?
          yes, Kosei K1's

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
            Our local photog caught me a few times this past weekend. I'm beginning to wonder if there's a time i am NOT on 3 wheels
            Well, that fourth pic looks as though you were very recently on all fours.
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

true, you can see a hint of light under it, not sure if i just was or i'm just about to...I dunno if i'm just focused on driving or what, but i don't feel it lift that often...and i'm usually at one with the car at ALL times...maybe i'm slippin in my old age... LOL

Comment

how'd you do Darryl? Is Wil still racing?
                Original owner: 1991 Protege LX (now w/SOHC) and a few more BG's ....

Comment

results aren't out yet, but i may, just may have squeeked into the top 5, but i feel confident on a top ten though.

Yes, Will is still racing...those his K1s on the car...won't get mine till next week and the sat practice pretty much finished off my current tires (which is why i ran the K1s in the 1st place )

Comment

the car looks awesome... too bad the picture quality isn't better

Comment

damn that is sweet haha, now try 2 get on 2 wheels haha

Comment

those are just the low-res freebies he posted, i will be getting the nice hi-res ones on CD soon.

bad enough i'm losing grip by having only 3 wheels...not gonna go for 2

Comment

Awesome pics!

How's that 1" rear sway bar working under hard racing conditions?
                          -------------------------
                          '91 LX
                          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

well, it lifts the rear wheel at near every turn...lol i'm still in the tuning process, but it does help rotation, but i may be a little rear biased right now, having the OEM front bar with just ES bushings. But i played with the strut adjustments and got it to a managable control. The week before, i was super tail happy. Probably helps because it's only on one rear tire, easier to lose grip and "rotate" with just one tire, than both. Plus there's less rolling resistance on only 3 wheels....but overall grip is less on 3 than it is on 4... there's always a give and take...

It's really more of a driver adjustment, than the car. The changes i made are drastic and it's a totally different handling car now and i need to adjust my driving to suit the car.

Comment

I think it's about time we see some vids of your car in action...we've seen enough pics

How was the install of the bar? I remember a few people had problems as the 1" bar would break endlinks and wasn't a perfect fit. Did you have to modify it to make it fit properly? Also, would you recommend this Quickor bar over the Suspension Techniques one for a daily driver?
                              '91 LX
                              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Working...
                              X